“Dinner with friends”

Brian's
Ranked #2 of 37 Restaurants in Bethel
Price range: US$16 - US$30
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Since we were in Bethel on vacation, I reached out to a good friend of mine from high school who lives an hour south of here. We all decided to get together for dinner and he recommended Brian's.
We arrived just a few minutes after my friend and his wife, we were seated on the front porch since the weather was so nice. They have a large selection of beer, wines and cocktails so we had the nice problem of selecting our drinks!
The menu had so many great selections; my wife went with the Coffee Rubbed Salmon while I had the Seafood Vongole. Both were nice sized portions; the sea scallops in my dish were perfectly cooked and the sauce was perfect with the clams, shrimp and linguini. My wife loved the salmon which came with an avocado cilantro mole, pineapple salsa and rice pilaf. We finished dinner with delicious chocolate deserts and coffee which went well with our long conversation after not seeing each other in nearly 20 years!
Our server was super-friendly and kept up supplied with lots of water as we chatted, making sure everything came out in a well-timed manner. She even kept us supplied with water once the kitchen closed as we sipped our coffee and talked. The dining areas are very comfortable, the food and service are excellent, definitely one of Bethel's best finds for a great meal.

1  Thank Tom P

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The decor is clean and attractive the waitstaff is welcoming and very good. The food is spectacular!!!!!!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

At lunch on a Saturday in August with my sister. Incredibly pleasant and helpful server. Food was good. Thai calamari exceptional. Could have used a little more spice on my veggie Panini, but I am from Texas.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I live locally and go here often. Always great food and the staff is amazing. Great bar tenders and servers. Always have a smile. Except Jess the co-owner. Her nickname isn't Sassy for nothing. LOL. Just kidding, she's awesome!

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Two delicious dinners, one the seafood casserole with scallops,fish and shrimp is a lovely sauce with crab stuffing on top the other was the chicken statler with a creamy smoke Gouda cheese pasta. The dinner rolls were very chewy though. Very happy with the dinners and excellent servers.

Have been about 4 times for lunch which was ok. The first was a chicken panini that was good but needed more flavor, kind of blah and the Mediterranean veggie sandwich would have been good but the eggplant was not cooked enough so was tough. Would have liked a thinner less chewy bread from now on will get the rye bread for my sandwiches. The beef French dip was good as was the pastrami Ruben, much more flavor than the other two. Atmosphere is lovely and sitting on the deck always nice, though a bit more shade would be helpful.

Been to Brian's? Share your experiences!