Vacationland Inns
US$89
US$136
US$115
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

US$129
US$121
Hotels.com
US$110
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$132/night.

US$184
US$116
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$138/night.

US$118
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

Quality Inn Bangor Airport(Bangor)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$98
Fairfield Inn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$114/night.

US$110
All reviewsblueberry saucefresh wafflesbreakfast roombar harborelectric fireplacemain buildingnew ownersmake your own wafflesnew brunswickbangor areafridge and microwavechain hotelsfree breakfastroom keygreat place to staywaffle makerbeds were comfortable
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I have been staying at Vacationland during the week while I am receiving radiation treatments for cancer, and I am very happy with the place.

My understanding is that the new owners acquired the property not very long ago, and I can see that they are making many improvements to the property, so the few negatives that I might be able to find are ones that will likely be corrected in the near future.

We have an economy room, since we'll be renting it five days a week while paying a mortgage on our home in Millinocket. It is small, but comfortable. For those who are looking for more, they have several room options available, so there is something available for anyone's tastes.

Prices are reasonable as it is, but they also offer discounts for those who, like me, are receiving cancer treatment, and probably for other hospital stays.

I don't even know if they have features such as a swimming pool or fitness center, since I never use these facilities anyhow.

Best of all is the free breakfast. I believe there are other options, but I don't know why anyone would choose anything other than the homemade waffles with homemade blueberry or strawberry topping, and whipped cream. They are terrific!

Of equal importance is the service, the helpfulness and the friendliness of the staff. I recommend the hotel without reservations.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank magiccity
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Stayed here before....always a plus to stay here!! Staff very friendly and helpful.Rooms are very clean ! The breakfast is awesome and the staff are very friendly.Would stay here again and would recomend this hotel to my friends!! Will be staying here again for sure!

Room Tip: A very nice place to stay and close to everything !
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2011

We arrived August 11, 2011 and were greeted a very friendly staff Leanne (The Inn's Marketing Manager). We did not have reservations, but had no problems obtaining a room. We were travelling on motorcycles and asked for a drive up room. The staff were more than willing and happy to accomodate us. After checking in we were given discount food vouchers for nearby restaraunts.The hotel is deceiving as it looks far more expensive than it actually is. The room was very clean. We were impressed that the hotel has a strong Christian influence, but welcomes all. After a great nights sleep, we took advantage of the continental breakfast that was included with our night's stay. The first thing we noticed in the breakfast room was a sign that stated the Vacationland Inn offered free lodging to cancer patients that were receiving treatments in nearby facilities. My husband is a cancer survivor, and we take our hats off to you. When dealing with treatments and travel it is nice to have a local place that will help with lodging at a very difficult time in your life. My husband asked to speak to the owner and was able to. He thanked him personally for the support given to those travelling the cancer journey. We are from Canada, but cancer knows no boundaries. The owner is a very approachable person with high Christian values. We also want to say hi to, and tell everyone that they must meet 'Vicky the Waffle Queen' when staying. The waffles that she helps you cook are excellent! Vicky is an asset to the Vacationland Inn as she had everyone in the room laughing and talking with one and other. She created an atmosphere that made you feel that everyone in the room was family. We plan on travelling through the area again and will definitely be stopping in to stay.

Room Tip: As motorcyclists, we really appreciated the drive rooms. The south side of Inn and the rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Colleen W
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We have stayed here several times in different rooms and have been extremely impressed every time. The rooms are very clean and very nicely decorated. The owners have taken great care in the renovations and in the details of the rooms. The most incredible experience there was staying in one of the hot tub suites with an adjoining room. It felt like we were staying in a cabin all to ourselves. The staff is incredible, extremely warm and friendly. The Inn is in a great location. It is within a reasonable drive to Acadia National Park and the Downeast region while being so close to the "city life" of Bangor-Brewer and the Bangor International Airport. We highly recommend the Vacationland Inn!!

Room Tip: We prefer staying in the Annex, away from the main road. The hot tub suites are amazing!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank joyfuldesigner
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I've been to several inns/hotels, but this was ridiculus. When we arrived, I pulled the sheets down and at the bottom there was pubic hair and jelled substances. They changed the sheets, however, they did not budge on the price. Instead the manager told that they would give me a discount towards another room. No thank you. I will stay at my own home, knowing that my sheets get washed and if theres substances on the bed well at least I know where they came from. I can wash my sheets for a few dollars at home instead of paying $200 for dirty sheets at the vacationland inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple