“Quirky "Gastro" Pub”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Whether just passing through or upta-camp for the weekend, be sure to stop on your way. A casual beer and a bite here is made quick and easy but always fresh and from scratch. Shift gears and stay a while to work your way through the wall of brightly lit bottles and cans & indulge in a party of flavors with a few nightly specials from the kitchen. Built into a renovated (but still operating) gas-station, standard gastropub leaves dining concepts in the dust. Breaking the mold, this self-service fill-er-up offers customers a full service experience at the table. Get an array of flavors for little money by ordering plenty of small dishes and sides to share (try something new!), and be sure to ask questions of the knowledgeable staff. Show your day ticket or seasons pass from ANY mountain; and get $1 off droughts and select items for Après Ski!
Reviewed 13 January 2017

We didn't realise this was a restaurant the first couple times we drove by, as it's masquerading as a Gas Station. Last night we stopped in for some hot wings and a burger. The wings were great (hot and spicy) andI really enjoyed my Double Standard Burger. This is not a regular pub burger, they clearly use superior ingredients and take a lot of care. My wife said the veggie burger was good. I did wonder if average Joe American would be impressed by the smaller than normal serving size, but you really get good quality food. The curried ketchup was surprisingly good, as was the wasabi mayo. Huge selection of beers to choose from (Ales and Lager) + wines etc. Service was very quick and friendly, clean and simple, with limited tables and a bar area to sit at. They even offer an Apres discount if you show your lift ticket. One not to miss, we are here for another week and will be sure to go again.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

We are weekenders up in the region and wanted to grab a bite without going all the way to Portland. The live gas station out front only adds to the charm. Selection of beer was impressive and as a non beer drinker, I enjoyed my wine...and the possibility of saki.

Food was great. More interesting and creative than regular pub food. Brussels sprouts and charred wedge salad my favorite husband enjoyed his burger and fries were outstanding and plentiful with unique dipping sauces.

We will be back with friends and family.

Thanks

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Big wide blue picnic tables inside and a nice, small bar counter makes this a comfortable setting. But, just turn and bit to get a full view of the handsome brew cellar through a wall of glass. Name the place or the country, most likely you can get it here.

The food is a bit of Portland hip with some nice original touches, like the grilled brussel sprouts served in a little glass container and wings in a choice of international glazes. Love the Gastropub!

Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I finally got around to trying our local gastropub. I'm embarrassed it took us this long. It's a very hip and cool place inside. Small, and I felt like one of the beautiful people when we were able to get a table.
I imagine it would take around 347 days to work through their beer selection. The cooler is filled and looks like a beautiful work of art.
Super friendly waitstaff who patiently guided us through the simple menu.
We had a delicious stout from California. Dark, creamy, with hints of chocolate and coffee, just as I like it.
I had the pulled pork barbecue style sandwich and hubs had a double burger. We had a side of a yummy Mac and cheese. The stars of the show- the fries and the simple, fresh pickles. The fries were fresh and came with options of sauce . We chose the malt mayo and their house curried ketchup. Unbelievable! The sauces were each so delicious, it took our fries to a whole new level!
We will go back, and often, just for those damn fries...and a beer!
So good!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

A handmade burger that was fresh and cooked to order. Fries were a bit salty and ketchup had a slight flair that I wasn't crazy about but everyone else enjoyed it. Nice selection of beverages.

Been to Standard Gastropub? Share your experiences!