“Knots and Veal”

Ranked #18 of 117 Restaurants in Brunswick
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 30 years, The Great Impasta of Brunswick, Maine has brought you delicious, high quality fresh Italian dishes all homemade every day, made especially for you. Our chefs are passionate about using only the freshest and highest quality foods available with some of the most creative menus to please every palate. See our website today for our full menu and specials.
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

When you first enter this little corner restaurant, you feel transported to a small Italian restaurant in Italy itself. The atmosphere just breathes the Italian culture and the warmth from the staff is great. The food starts with the best garlic knots you’ll ever have and then comes your dinner. Although there are several dishes to choose from, I had the veal with mushrooms. My only regret is not taking a picture of this fantastic dish. The veal was cooked perfectly and seasoned just right, I highly recommend the dish. Come and enjoy this little Italian treat in the heart of Brunswick ME!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

We had not been here for years and decided to stop in for lunch. The garlic knots were as we remembered, excellent. We both had the lasagna, a perfect lunch portion and the wine pour was a very one.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

This menu has little changed for years, but the food is always good and daily specials provide nice variety (I still remember fondly the steak tips salad with gorgonzola). I need gluten free and this is a rare Italian restaurant to meet my needs. Last visit I had an excellent meat lasagna and my wife had the back haddock. Both excellent. Most items have luncheon or dinner sizes available, which is nice depending on how hungry you are.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I went here on a Friday night with a party of six, and we have a wait a little bit since there were probably three different areas that can seat six people - it is a quaint little place. We had their famous garlic knots which were delicious and I also ordered an appetizer of fried mozzarella, which was homemade and delicious. Three of us got a pasta with grilled scallops which was a winner. Other folks got chicken Marcella and eggplant parmigiana. There were a lot of folks and out of take out as well, and we talked the other locals who said they ate there all the time with great experiences. All of us really enjoyed our meal, and we would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Took a date here...the food was good but waaay to expensive for what you get and no ambience at all...tables are too close, the parking sucks ...never ever ever again..bye bye...