“Excellent fried clams, superb Pemaquid osters on the half shell”

Schooner Landing Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 June 2016

A stalwart on the river. Inside looked wicked dreary, but the tables and umbrellas outside exemplified the summer experience in Maine. I've been doing my own private oyster tour and the Pemaquids at the Schooner were large, succulent, flavorful. I'd eat them more often were we closer to Damariscotta. My husband enjoyed the clam chowder, a generous mug full with a generous helping of tender clams, and then had the haddock sandwich with a slice of swiss on top. I finished off with a fried clam roll, which, for the record, was nicely grilled. The crumbed clams were beautifully prepared! Everyone around us appeared to be enjoying their meals as well and the wait staff was helpful, attentive, and neatly attired (no bed heads here). Schooner Landing exemplifies summer Maine dining.

Reviewed 17 May 2016

We have eaten here several times when we have needed to go to Damariscotta. The view from the deck is wonderful and the food has always been great. I had the fried shrimp with a glass (or two!) of the house pinot grigio, and my husband had the double lobster roll with a Sam Adams. My shrimp were fried to perfection and served with French fires and a tasty cup of coleslaw. The portion was so generous I ended bring at least half home with me. My husband's lobster roll was HUGE with plenty of large chunks of lobster. The service was great---always attentive but never pushy. Thank you, Olivia! No room for dessert, but I was able to linger on the deck and finish my wine while my husband left for an appointment.
I am really puzzled by those who are not happy with the food here. I'm not sure what they have been ordering, but when you are in a coastal restaurant in Maine, your seafood choices are almost always your best bet. Again we have eaten here before and always had a great meal and service, I may be seduced by the view, but have never had less than a great meal and service.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Like views, drinks and appetizers(especially oysters), then this is your place but please know that meals here are terrible. This is a fun place to do music on the dock but eating here is a experience in 'terrible' no matter what else you order.
Have a drink and the nachos are decent, then walk o to town for a real meal at ANY of the other places in Damariscotta.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Great waterside place to sit and have a drink and food. The lobsta stew is the BEST! Pretty good Bloody Mary's also.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Schooner Landing is the only waterside dining opportunity in Damariscotta. It is a boating destination with at least one transient dock space. It has improved steadily over the years and now has pleasant wait staff, not too loud music and decent food.