“Great ribs!”

Ranked #4 of 33 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Come and visit us at King Eider's Pub in the heart of the coastal village of Damariscotta Maine. Our historic building has been home to many interesting businesses over its 100+ years. Today, its warmth draws the visitor into the first floor pub with its brick walls, handsome cherry floors and low beams hung with old iron hooks holding handmade mugs. Step upstairs to our warm and very comfortable dining room and peruse a “wine lovers” wine list. Our oyster bar is aptly named for the local Damariscotta River oysters that are served here in the intimate little bar and those oysters will quite literally spoil you for any other – anywhere! Our extensive menu and daily offerings of native seafood, steaks, cuts from our butcher and fresh produce will provide you with just the right pairing. Home of New England’s Finest Crab Cakes And Everything a Pub should be
Reviewed 16 July 2016

We both had ribs here and they were the best we've ever had. So meaty that a half-rack would be plenty for even a really hungry person. The fries were good, too. While they sure know how to prepare the ribs, however, they don't seem to understand that eating them is a bit messy - no plate for bones was provided, even after we asked. They don't provide any kind of wet wipes, either, so we made do with melting ice cubes in our hands and using the paper napkins. Our servers were actually kind of oblivious - maybe because they were doing some kind of tag team. There was a grey haired male server who seemed to be much more professional, so possibly we had inexperienced young women. We would come back for the ribs?

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

A rainy Saturday.... No wait- except for service. SLOOOOWWWW , but I guess we are on Maine time so.... Skip the clam chowder- tasteless and mostly bacon. Nice Gluten free options. I'd say if you're there- go for it: but don't go out of your way.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

My daughter and I stopped by for lunch hoping to sit on their front deck. We went inside to be seated and were felt we were bothering the hostess/owner. We requested the deck and again they made us feel like we were bothering. It was a very warm day and when I requested a shaded seat I received a very loud groan of annoyance. We decided to stay. Our waitress was very pleasant and our drinks ice cold. We choose chips and salsa and then moved along. We will not ever return to this establishment.

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

My wife had the crab cakes and I had the crab sandwich. The crab sandwich was great. A lot of fresh crab. They also have an amazing selection of whisky and flights of whisky/scotch to taste. Good prices.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Oddly, very few restaurants in Maine offer a Baked Stuffed Lobster. We heard that King Eiders Pub offered one although it was not a regular menu item. It is usually offered in the evening bill of fare, but because all 4 in our party wanted it, they were very accommodating and the chef prepared them for us at a late lunch hour. They were expertly prepared, with lots of scallop & crabmeat in the stuffing. I was impressed that chef oiled the claws & knuckles so that they would not dry out in the baking process. Obviously he was no stranger to this dish. It ranked among the BEST I've ever eaten, and all in our party agreed. A charming spot, warm welcoming staff and I would say a great chef. Can't wait to go back and try the FRESH Oysters that were served to neighboring patrons. They looked outstanding.

2  Thank TheTasteofVenice