“Heaven on Main Street”

Maine Coast Book Shop and Cafe
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Reviewed 17 January 2017

Confession - I'm a bibliophile. Give me second-hand books, library loans, borrowed books, or a book store to peruse, and I'm a happy camper. Put me in an independent book store and I'm in heaven! In Damariscotta, heaven is on Main Street. Having a well-stocked book store in the area where I am vacationing is such a bonus!
There is also a coffee cafe inside the book stars.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I like the drinks, and there are some unique sandwiches in the cafe attached to a nice, welcoming bookstore. highlights include that the bookstore allows dogs, and pretty much anybody. the cafe, which is & cafe, is called the ampersand cafe, which i find clever. Also, there is a board in the cafe where people can pay for items like coffees and sandwiches that they wiull not consume. Then a note is placed on the board, so if you need a break in the cafe, and are short of cash, you can grab one of the posted notes and have yourself a pre-paid treat.The sandwiches are a bit expensive, but good. I recommend egg based ones.

Reviewed 14 August 2016

Well- you can't eat in the bookstore, but it is connected. The cafe has good sandwich, snack, and drink options. Reasonably priced. The bookstore is great- a bargain section, nice overall selection, and staff picks.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I am a local person who has always frequented the bookstore café. I was "unpleasantly" surprised when was charged $3.78 for 24 ounce Iced Coffee. The Iced Coffee was great and I understand that businesses need to raise prices to cover costs but this was a price hike of close to $1 from previous weeks.

Reviewed 7 July 2016

Interesting book shop. Different selection of games, toys etc. we did not try the cafe, but the shop alone is quite unique.