“Best Oysters in all the land!”

Damariscotta River Grill
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Where do I start? DRG has such a great vibe and the food is perfectly executed. We started with 6 Pemaquid oysters that were absolute creamy perfection in a shell. My date had the calamari, lite and scrumptious. For dinner I had the lobster cakes over a creamed corn type sauce. My date had the ribeye special. Every dish we had was excellent and we cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This was our first visit and we stopped in for a relaxing lunch. The are 2 floors for seating and the space was sunny and beautiful. The bar area was cozy and comfortable. We had some of the best salads every at the River Grill. Food was fresh, service excellent, and the menu extensive!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Excellent food, great drinks, lovely atmosphere. Make sure you make a reservation as they fill quickly. I prefer to sit upstairs. My husband had the tenderloin which was excellent. I love the beet salad. High quality food, great taste!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Decided to visit here after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. The atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired. The waitstaff was friendly, the menu interesting and the food was good. Will we return? That's a good question.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We live about 10 Minutes outside of Damariscotta and the "River Grill" as we call it is a fantastic place for Lunch or Dinner or Sunday Brunch. Over the past 15 years we have hosted small group parties (20+ People) in the back room, had family dinners there with 9 or 10 of us and gone as just a couple. Even nice to stop by for drinks on a Friday evening after work. The food is consistent and good. There are healthy choices, beef, seafood and excellent salads. Some evenings my wife and I will stop in for a Salad and a Flatbread which is a nice easy meal that is not too heavy. The Chef (Rick) has won awards for his cooking so I guess he must be pretty good. My wife and I are not foodies per-se, but we do enjoy good food. We have probably gone to the River Grill once or twice a month over the 15 years and I cannot remember having a bad meal. All of our friends feel the same way and we love that it is not a chain! If you are in the Damariscotta area, you should try the River Grill, I don't think you will be disappointed!