“Joe's is now an indoor restaurant”

Joe Lane Lobsterman - Eat Maine Lobster
Ranked #20 of 35 Restaurants in Damariscotta
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Diner, Seafood, Street Food
Reviewed 23 September 2017

For those who might have been turned off by the food-truck setting of this business in older posts, good news! Joe has opened an indoor, sitting-down restaurant that serves the same great lobster rolls and now an expanded menu. It is in more or less the same place, near the parking lot behind the library, bookstore, and Weatherbird clothing store.
For those who have had trouble getting to the place due to the construction, you can walk to it through the Crissy's parking area (or the library, if you don't get turned around), but we were able to walk around the construction from the back parking lot with the help of the construction guys. Plus, it's a relatively small project, so it may be done by now.
Re the menu: be sure to look at the board on the wall behind the counter--it had menu items I did not see on the plastic-coated menus at the cash register. (I may just have skimmed it too fast.)
Do try the lobster mac and cheese--I had always thought it was a silly idea, but we got a serving to share and all four ladies were totally wowed. Comfort food at its finest!

Reviewed 21 September 2017

What a great place to grab a lobster roll for around $15.00 right now. Joe is very creative with different flavored mayonaise. He also makes a lobster BLT that I just cant get enough of. Fresh lobsters to go and you can get a burger for those who do not enjoy the lobster experience. Friday night is also Prime Rib night. Beer and wine available, nothing fancy! Friendly staff.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

We ate lobster all over midcoast Maine and for the dollar this is the place where we had the best lobster roll ($14.95). Fresh meat, tender, and a choice of mayo or butter. My husband had the lobster BLT which was excellent and I would definitely get that next time. The place is a bit hidden as it is behind the library in Damriscotta on Elm Street. Don't miss it. Indoor eating at picnic tables makes it a perfect informal dining place. We got an order of cole slaw and it was chunky and delicious.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I am always looking for new places to eat when we tour Dameriscotta in the summer. Last year we found a food wagon just off the Main Street and we ate lobster rolls sitting at plastic tables. We came back several times that year. This year we passed the crowded lobster shacks on Route 1 and went looking for the food wagon which was gone. The wagon is now a comfortable indoor restaurant that serves lobster rolls and other Maine favorites. Joe's is a favorite of mine now. I have eaten there twice in two days. Since it is a short distance off the Main Street (right behind the library) it is what I call a Find. You place your order at the counter and settle at checkered oil-clothed tables. It is a bright friendly place, the staff is eager to please and the food is fresh and I will return here again and again.

Reviewed 24 August 2017

A local person we met said that Joe Lane's had the best lobster roll in Maine, and we have to agree. The lobster meat was soaked in butter and plentiful, served on a delicious roll. It's a bit pricey at $14.95, but I've found that the cheaper rolls reflect the price. Try it out and you won't be disappointed.