“Best place I have ever eaten!”
Review of Surry Seafood Co

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Surry Seafood Co
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Dixfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Haddock is to die for! Buffalo chicken tenders will melt in your mouth! Craft beer selection awesome! Scott is wonderful, friendly, good down home people and service. This was our fourth trip back. Next time the lobster roll is on my radar, been told it is the best in the state. If you get to Carthage come check them out you will not be disappointed. They also sell live lobster, seafood and steak to cook yourself.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

While staying in Maine, we were on a mission to eat lobster rolls, and stopped in at Surry Seafood Co, where the lobster rolls were so good that we went back there for dinner the next night

Most places have the Friehoffer Split Top Rolls, but we were told that a bakery makes their bread and it is slightly different. Not only slightly different, but amazingly good different! It was a grilled brioche split top roll that tasted light, buttery, and had a real nice texture to it that not only stood up to the lobster, but enhanced the flavor. The lobster was fresh, lightly dressed, and was flowing over the top of the roll. It was one of the best lobster rolls that I've ever had.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

While vacationing in Maine recently, we had dinner at Surry Seafood Co. for dinner. I love lobster rolls and my husband love whole clams, we both agreed that Surry Seafood has some of the best seafood that we have had. They were friendly too.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Just a revision of my earlier review of this place. Still very good. They do have a sirloin..Had it the other day. Don't know why the menu didn't show one a couple weeks ago..And even the waitress said they didn't offer a sirloin. Anyways...Did get one last week..Ordered it medium well..Came out pretty bloody..Asked to have it put back on the grill for a bit..Brought back a different one.. (noticably) smaller but cooked properly. Needed more flavor for sure..But not bad. I do recommend the hush puppy appetizer...Also very good.

Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

I've always been fussy about fried clams and always compare it to the Village Inn in Lewiston Maine. After trying them at Surrys Sea Food in Dixfield Maine I no longer need to drive to Lewiston they were excellent. Service was exceptional also. I highly recommend it to anyone