Maine Idyll Motor Court
Hampton Inn Freeport/Brunswick(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$189
Hampton.com
US$184
GardenInn.com
US$109
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$309
US$249
Candlebay Inn(Freeport)
US$159
US$93
US$189
US$199
Casco Bay Inn(Freeport)(Great Value!)
US$135
Harraseeket Inn(Freeport)
US$260
All reviewsfront porchmodern luxurymultiple cabinsfirewood providedeach cabin has its ownwooded areadowntown freeportpeace and quietqueen bedfour nightslonger stayeach morningbar harborfireplacemainethrowbackamenities
Reviewed 5 November 2015

We spent 2 nights in a cabin and loved it. The location makes it easy to get downtown. The front desk was attentive and friendly, the cabin was clean and super cute. This isnt't the Ritz, nor is it set deep into the woods, but it felt like true Maine. There was a supply of firewood, kindling and paper for the fireplace. The coffee and freshly made muffins in the morning were great. The cabin had everything you would need. Overall, a great value and an astonishingly we'll run place?

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

This must be the fourth time we have stayed here. What can I say, we love the old style cabins! The kids get to have their own rooms and I get to play with fire in the fireplace ;). The WiFi is spotty, but that just means I don't get bugged by work emails all the time. Great value for the price.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2015

What can I say? I love building fires: the cabins with a fireplace call me! The old style cabins are rustic and basic. The Motor Court cabins are located between Rt 1 and Rt 295, so some of the cabins can be quite noisy with traffic/car noise at night. This time we stayed in Cabin 3 and the noise was really nominal. The cabin was stocked up with plenty of kindling, newspaper and logs. I started a fire right away and nursed it into the night. What fun!

The cabin itself is in the woods with other cabins close but not too close. Lots of colorful trees around to help enjoy the fall foliage season.

Inside the cabin was basic:
-- it SAYS there is a kitchen. Ahhhh.. sort-of. There is a plug in appliance with two burners: one did not work and the other took quite a while to heat up my tea water. (bring your own tea! None in the cabin) The fridge is small by adequate. The micro-wave was good. The coffee machine worked, which was all my husband cared about. :-)
- The large room included a big bed (Queen I think) right in front of the fireplace, a couple side tables with lamps for the bed, a comfy chair with another lamp, and a table with chairs (we played cards!). On the porch are a couple of rockers.
- The shower is small, but water pressure was good and plenty of hot water for two morning showers.
- There is a big TV with direct TV. We watched something dumb and I quickly fell asleep. My husband said may of the channels were pay only.

The checkin: the kid who checked us in was not friendly. He just printed out a form for me to sign and asked for my credit card. I told him I already paid online. He sighed deeply and explained the cards are not charged until check in and he needed my card. I almost apologized for asking! So I signed stuff and then we stood there. He turned away, done with us. My husband asked: "Excuse me. May we get the key?" The kid said (not even turning to face us): "Key is in the door." WOW! He wasn't UNFRIENDLY, but it was somewhat uncomfortable. Maybe he didn't want to be there, maybe he was just bored, but somebody needs to help him better understand customer service.

There is free WIFI, but it's not in the little in room packet. my husband ended up going back up to the front desk to get the password only to find out: no password needed. The WIFI did work, but was slow and it timed out or disconnected often. Good 'nuff to check email, but that's about it,

Overall, we loved our stay. I just wish the front desk were a tad welcoming.

Room Tip: Cabins 1,2, and 3 seem off by themselves and far enough away from Rt 495 so minimal road noise
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kmcoyle
Reviewed 12 October 2015

I spent three nights in Cabin #1 in late September and enjoyed it very much. The cabin was immaculate, comfortable, cozy, and convenient. Much of my time was spent with friends in Portland or exploring the countryside of southern Maine, but my evenings and mornings in the cabin were very pleasant. The cabin's kitchenette was quite satisfactory for fixing breakfasts of eggs, toast, and fruit. I was very happy with the cabin and its wooded location, and look forward to returning for future stays.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 September 2015

My cousin and I stayed in cabin 14 for one night. The little kitchenette let us heat up our dinner (we had brought it along knowing we would arrive quite late). The beds were comfortable and the bathroom adequate. The reviews that say there is highway noise are correct. Other cottages are farther from the traffic. I am sure they are more quiet. However, we were so tired it didn't matter! The cabins are very cute, like going back in time. There was a fireplace with wood (which we didn't use) and the wifi was fine for us. The location is good for going into Freeport. Friendly desk staff (the young people were very friendly!!!) Glad we stayed!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family