“3rd stay just as great as the 1st”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Freeport
Maine Idyll Motor Court
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

This my third year in a row staying at Maine Idyll the day after Memorial Day. It was also the third time staying in cabin 18. What always impresses me is the cleanliness. The cabin is simple, nicely decorated and the bed is excellent. Can beat as a great room at a great price. I look forward to coming every year.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank TRJ1963
There are newer reviews for Maine Idyll Motor Court

Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I really really wanted to love my quaint comfortable cabin in the woods. My roommate has stayed here and loved it every time. I had cabin 10. The cabin was well decorated and had a comfortable bed, fireplace and simple kitchenette. The problem was that it reeked of a burnt bacon/barbecue smell. I tried wiping down all hard surfaces but it remained. I should have requested another cabin immediately. My mistake. Second mistake, the hot water smelled so badly of sulfur that I heated cold water on the stove rather than stink all day. When I complained, I was told it's a "Maine thing". No, it is not. I've been visiting Maine since 2002 and never encountered it before. My roommate stayed in cabin 13 two weeks later and her hot water was fine. The staff during my stay was friendly and helpful. It was after I moved north to my next stop that I realized that EVERYTHING I had needed to be washed/cleaned to get rid of the burnt bacon smell, from clothes, to shoes to even my luggage itself. I did call back and told the desk person about this. She seemed to think it wasn't a big deal. Her mistake.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Carol327
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We stayed here for two nights during our first trip to Maine in late October.

Checking in was pretty easy. The staff was younger and seemed somewhat awkward, lacking experience in customer service. In fact we didn't see an adult there the entire time.

Our first nights stay was in cabin 10. Pretty clean for the most part except the sheets had some stains on them. Luckily, not knowing what to expect I had brought our own with some additional blankets, which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. (If I hadn't, it would've been an entirely different experience). However, the bed was comfy. For some reason the water in the bathroom and kitchenette smelled of sulfur. I'm not sure if it was a known issue. Wifi worked with no problems.Our second night we stayed in cabin 4 which was a two bedroom. To my surprise I liked this one much more than 10 and there were no issues with the water.

Wood is stacked neatly on the porch with paper and matches for fire starting. If you love the outdoors and a taste for a slower paced life this is the place for you. Freeport outlets & LL Bean were just a short drive away. Minus a few setbacks mentioned above we enjoyed our stay and will definitely return! Also loved that they are pet friendly!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank takeROOT-27
Reviewed 5 November 2015

We spent 2 nights in a cabin and loved it. The location makes it easy to get downtown. The front desk was attentive and friendly, the cabin was clean and super cute. This isnt't the Ritz, nor is it set deep into the woods, but it felt like true Maine. There was a supply of firewood, kindling and paper for the fireplace. The coffee and freshly made muffins in the morning were great. The cabin had everything you would need. Overall, a great value and an astonishingly we'll run place?

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

This must be the fourth time we have stayed here. What can I say, we love the old style cabins! The kids get to have their own rooms and I get to play with fire in the fireplace ;). The WiFi is spotty, but that just means I don't get bugged by work emails all the time. Great value for the price.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family