“Lovely place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Freeport
Maine Idyll Motor Court
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Freeport
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a single night a few years back. Quaint, rustic, and quiet, this was a perfect place for an overnight while exploring Freeport. It was simply furnished but very warm and welcoming. It is not fancy, but I'd recommend it without reservation.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank David E
There are newer reviews for Maine Idyll Motor Court

Reviewed 18 June 2016

Clean, quiet, shaded cabin was an excellent value at Spring rates. We got a 2BR with living room and full kitchen for $103.55. We accidentally booked the wrong night and had no problem getting a cabin the next day when we explained our mistake, without charge for the first booking. The staff is friendly in a quiet, Maine kind of way. The TV was a bit small by modern standards and there were too many tent caterpillars in the woods for our liking. Wifi worked only some of the time. Otherwise, it really was idyllic.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

This my third year in a row staying at Maine Idyll the day after Memorial Day. It was also the third time staying in cabin 18. What always impresses me is the cleanliness. The cabin is simple, nicely decorated and the bed is excellent. Can beat as a great room at a great price. I look forward to coming every year.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank TRJ1963
Reviewed 18 January 2016 via mobile

I really really wanted to love my quaint comfortable cabin in the woods. My roommate has stayed here and loved it every time. I had cabin 10. The cabin was well decorated and had a comfortable bed, fireplace and simple kitchenette. The problem was that it reeked of a burnt bacon/barbecue smell. I tried wiping down all hard surfaces but it remained. I should have requested another cabin immediately. My mistake. Second mistake, the hot water smelled so badly of sulfur that I heated cold water on the stove rather than stink all day. When I complained, I was told it's a "Maine thing". No, it is not. I've been visiting Maine since 2002 and never encountered it before. My roommate stayed in cabin 13 two weeks later and her hot water was fine. The staff during my stay was friendly and helpful. It was after I moved north to my next stop that I realized that EVERYTHING I had needed to be washed/cleaned to get rid of the burnt bacon smell, from clothes, to shoes to even my luggage itself. I did call back and told the desk person about this. She seemed to think it wasn't a big deal. Her mistake.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Carol327
Reviewed 12 November 2015

We stayed here for two nights during our first trip to Maine in late October.

Checking in was pretty easy. The staff was younger and seemed somewhat awkward, lacking experience in customer service. In fact we didn't see an adult there the entire time.

Our first nights stay was in cabin 10. Pretty clean for the most part except the sheets had some stains on them. Luckily, not knowing what to expect I had brought our own with some additional blankets, which I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. (If I hadn't, it would've been an entirely different experience). However, the bed was comfy. For some reason the water in the bathroom and kitchenette smelled of sulfur. I'm not sure if it was a known issue. Wifi worked with no problems.Our second night we stayed in cabin 4 which was a two bedroom. To my surprise I liked this one much more than 10 and there were no issues with the water.

Wood is stacked neatly on the porch with paper and matches for fire starting. If you love the outdoors and a taste for a slower paced life this is the place for you. Freeport outlets & LL Bean were just a short drive away. Minus a few setbacks mentioned above we enjoyed our stay and will definitely return! Also loved that they are pet friendly!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple