All reviews room was clean bagels stay there again refrigerator and microwave free breakfast easy access waffle maker great place to stay downtown freeport ll bean shopping coupon lodging outlets repair route
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Definitely not a fancy place. The rooms were clean but very tired looking. Needs a major renovation. Breakfast was donuts and coffee. Refrigerator never got cold and the microwave didn’t work. There are better options in the area.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
EconoLodgeFreeportGM, General Manager at Econo Lodge Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I wanted to like this place, I really did. We pulled up late on a Friday to begin our 7 day stay and checked in with Clare. She was so sweet and checked me in very quickly. We got to the room and found that we had a freshly remodeled room and settled in for the night. Fast forward to the next morning, we received a knock on the door from housekeeping around 9:30 am, which put our dog on high alert. There was no "do not disturb" sign included in the room for us to put out. After turning them away, I received a call from a very rude man at the front desk. He told me that the housekeeper alerted him that we had an unauthorized dog and that we were not in a pet friendly room and that he'd have to move us. I had just finished up paying $20 per night for my dog and cat the night before with Clare, so I knew we were in the clear. He proceeded to interrogate me, and only after I told him who had checked us in did he back off, as Clare is the manager.

I went into the office about an hour later to find that Clare was back, I told her about the run in and she profusely apologized and gave us a do not disturb sign.

After that, whenever I'd go into the lobby to grab coffee or breakfast, I would say "good morning" to the same gruff fella I talked to on the phone on day one, only to be ignored completely. When I accidentally demagnetized my key on the 3rd day, I went in only to get the same rude service from him as I expected. He then proceeded to tell me that with the incoming nor'easter, he sure wasn't coming into work and someone else would just have to cover. And he'd have to sacrifice his weekend to make up for it. Great job looking out for your teammates, dude. Learn some customer service and teamwork skills.

For the price, there are other hotels in town that better deserve your business. We moved down to the Best Western after that week as we waited for our new home. It was the same price and didn't involve any of the hassle we dealt with at the Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: There's really no good location to pick a room here
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeFreeportGM, General Manager at Econo Lodge Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Hotel is very budget friendly and handy to everything in freeport within 1.5 miles. Great place on the cheap! Staff are friendly and the complimentary breakfast is a very welcoming addition. Grocery Gas and Dunkins, all within very close proximity

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 June 2018

I was pleasantly surprised by the room. Had to book a last minute room and thankfully everything here worked out. Great value for the price. Everyone at the front desk was extremely nice. The room was clean and seemed updated. Breakfast while minimal was convenient.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
EconoLodgeFreeportGM, Manager at Econo Lodge Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Very nice, extremely clean, could smell fresh coat of paint. Everything seemed brand new. I’d highly recommend! We stayed in room 119 on ground floor with king bed. Totally recommend. Very very close to everything.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
EconoLodgeFreeportGM, Manager at Econo Lodge Freeport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018