Free cancellation until 27/07
Waldo Emerson Inn(Kennebunk)
US$269
US$239
Official Site
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$274
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)
US$322
Elizabeth Rose House(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$193
Seaside Inn(Kennebunk)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsparsons beachrachel carsonmini fridgesmall bathroomkennebunkportmile
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Big mistake booking 2 nights paid $189.15 a night for a cottage unit they put in an outdated hotel room on the second floor w/no elevator. Bed linens smelt like BO, Be extra careful booking at this place!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Shorelands, Manager at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Wendy, we are very sorry that you felt it necessary to use this vehicle for your dissatisfaction.
I recall you coming to us about the bed linens, which I KNOW where changed before your arrival. And I offered to have our staff change them for you. BUT you stated you only wanted new sets and were comfortable doing it yourself. Nothing in your demeanor allowed me to see your disappointment. You are correct in noting that this was an older unit, again, you told me everything else was very clean.
we also allowed you to bring 2 dogs, when you had only one registered before arrival.
we do have a variety of accommodations here, which most of the time is part of our charm. We also advertise Casual Country Comfort, there is no elevator nor $250+ rooms like ijn town. where they would charge you $35 - $40/n for a dog, IF they allowed 2.
again, we are very sorry for your disappointment, Had you told us, we might have been able to do something.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

I made the mistake of booking 2 places for one night , so We arrived at Shorelands at 8 am the morning that We should have spent the night.The owner was too busy to deal with Us so She blew Us off and said to come back after 2 pm.We came back at 4 to check in for the evening , She told Us that She gave Our room (payed for) to another guest that wanted to stay for another night.We had no place to stay because everything was booked so My husband had to drive hours for home .She could have cared less.The envelop with Our info in it was on the top of the garbage pail.She could have called Us , our cell phone was clearly on the info.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Shorelands, Manager at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

When you arrived in the morning, you did NOT let us know that you had booked 2 rooms by mistake! I merely took you for one of our regular scheduled check ins for that day. So I told you to please come back after 2 pm, which is our check in policy. Weekends in August are extremely busy, and we held your room from the night before all the way til 7:30am.
you name was on an envelope, which we had taped to our office door, with key & map inside, we left our office AND front sign lights on all night, expecting your arrival..
so when one of our returning guests called us in the morning to find out if we had anything available, we rented the room we had expected you in to them . Hotel policy allows us to do so after 6am, which we did.
I did help you find another accommodation in our area, however, we could not do anything else here. I apologize if I appeared uprupt. we were 2 staff down that day and I doubled up in laundry. we wash all blankets and comforters for arriving guests, as well as the normal load of towels and linens. so, yes, it was very hectic in the morning.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Excellent location with beach a short walk across the street from nice little cottages. No frill cottages, but still very nice. Rooms were clean and grounds well taken care of, including a small pool and hot tub, with lots of flowers. Very close to Kennebunkport, about 5 miles, and other surrounding towns. Excellent spot to enjoy Maine and what it has to offer. Sonja, the owner has been there since 1965, and knows the area well, just ask and she will point you to where you want to go. Already thinking about going back next summer. Cottage 24 is the one i stayed in and it is small, but comfortable. I add that it is also pet friendly for small animals without a problem. Can't wait to do it again. Wonderful for beach goers and sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Shorelands, Manager at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

thank you for taking the time to respond. We do appreciate your comments. btw, Dock Square is a little over 2 miles away, although sometimes with traffic it may seem like 5...
thanks again.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

This place lost my reservation. We traveled from PA to Maine to pull in after a very long drive to find out that they had no record of my pre-paid reservation. I produced my receipt and confirmation. The lady who owns this place is very unprofessional and was not helpful at all. She told me it was not her fault that she never received my request from Hotels.com. She never even looked for it in her emails, but it did not matter because they had no rooms. So I stood there with my children for an hour trying to figure out what to do, with no help from this "resort." Instead, I got bit by the horseflies surrounding the property. The grass was overgrown and the place looked horrible. We found accommodations elsewhere and Hotels.com helped getting us rooms for our vacation. The entire time I was in the lobby the lady was on the phone dealing with unhappy guests and complaining about everything. Very rude and I am really surprised they are still in business.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

We are very sorry for this mishap. however, we checked through all of our email bookings, and somehow, you were not included in them. Computer systems work well for the most part, but every now and then mistakes can happen.
I did stay on the phone to the company you booked through, with you, for at least 30 minutes, on a busy August weekend. I took several of their phone calls and explained the situation, and I did find you alternative accommodations, which you chose not to take.
I do not know what else we could have done. we were fully booked for the weekend, there were no more rooms available here. I know that was NOT acceptable to you, but I believe we DID try to help you the best way we could.

Reviewed 10 July 2016

It does not get any better. We've been coming to this place for 20 years and never got tired of it -- always look forward to coming back. The real Maine vacation. The best is easy access to the beach, can't beat this location!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Shorelands, Owner at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

Thank you Tomek. It IS always a pleasure to welcome you back!