Free cancellation until 27/07
Waldo Emerson Inn(Kennebunk)
US$269
US$259
Official Site
King's Port Inn(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$274
Hotels.com
US$233
US$224
Hampton.com
US$445
US$410
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$481/night.

The Grand Hotel(Kennebunk)
US$322
The Lodge at Kennebunk(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
US$101
The Beach House(Kennebunk)
US$289
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Travelocity
Elizabeth Rose House(Kennebunk)(Great Value!)
All reviewsparsons beachrachel carsonmini fridgesmall bathroomkennebunkportmile
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

Yes very outdated. Needs to modernization some. The place where we stayed was misleading some. Said we were to get 2 rooms. Both with queen beds. And bathroom between them. It was nice and furnished. So basically bring self. Had a stove and small fridge. Nice patio overlooking game Reserve. Yes it smelled like a person died there but after opening windows and putting air on it went away. They should add some air perfumers or another way to delete the smell. Didn't get a chance to use the activity stuff here. Wish I could have. Very close to the city. And walking to the beach. On fit bit it's 2300 steps. Like people said is it worth 189 a night. NO NO. Possibly 125 or say that with additional 10 to 20 percent due to holiday costs. Would I stay here again. I don't know. If it modernization more yes.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Shorelands, Manager at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

"as we have communicated, the only 'one bedroom' apartment open for your dates is a small older suite on 2nd floor of our motel building and we have booked you there after your last comments. there are 2 units on that floor. the unit has a queen bed in bedroom and a sleeper couch in the sitting room/kitchen. hope that explains it better? thank you"

The above was the communication with the guest at the time of booking. we also gave them the option to cancel without charges. the comment above copied from our emails with him was at least the second of several, always explaining what it was we could offer.
we use 'green' cleaners, and maybe that explains the initial smell? first one to mention it this summer.. I do NOT know how else to describe a "small, older" unit? I do know that it was very clean!

Reviewed 1 September 2016

We stopped in despite all of the negative reviews because the price was right & the location was excellent. It was clean & there was plenty for kids to do :) the room was equipped with everything you needed- even had a small kitchen. There were bikes to borrow there was ping-pong there was a heated pool that was basketball at a playground! There was even coffee and fresh baked muffins every morning! It's no romantic getaway and it definitely wasn't luxury but for the price we found it pretty amazing. I would definitely come back.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 18 - it was clean and well equipped :)
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2016

Big mistake booking 2 nights paid $189.15 a night for a cottage unit they put in an outdated hotel room on the second floor w/no elevator. Bed linens smelt like BO, Be extra careful booking at this place!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Shorelands, Manager at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2016

Wendy, we are very sorry that you felt it necessary to use this vehicle for your dissatisfaction.
I recall you coming to us about the bed linens, which I KNOW where changed before your arrival. And I offered to have our staff change them for you. BUT you stated you only wanted new sets and were comfortable doing it yourself. Nothing in your demeanor allowed me to see your disappointment. You are correct in noting that this was an older unit, again, you told me everything else was very clean.
we also allowed you to bring 2 dogs, when you had only one registered before arrival.
we do have a variety of accommodations here, which most of the time is part of our charm. We also advertise Casual Country Comfort, there is no elevator nor $250+ rooms like ijn town. where they would charge you $35 - $40/n for a dog, IF they allowed 2.
again, we are very sorry for your disappointment, Had you told us, we might have been able to do something.

Reviewed 20 August 2016

I made the mistake of booking 2 places for one night , so We arrived at Shorelands at 8 am the morning that We should have spent the night.The owner was too busy to deal with Us so She blew Us off and said to come back after 2 pm.We came back at 4 to check in for the evening , She told Us that She gave Our room (payed for) to another guest that wanted to stay for another night.We had no place to stay because everything was booked so My husband had to drive hours for home .She could have cared less.The envelop with Our info in it was on the top of the garbage pail.She could have called Us , our cell phone was clearly on the info.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Shorelands, Manager at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

When you arrived in the morning, you did NOT let us know that you had booked 2 rooms by mistake! I merely took you for one of our regular scheduled check ins for that day. So I told you to please come back after 2 pm, which is our check in policy. Weekends in August are extremely busy, and we held your room from the night before all the way til 7:30am.
you name was on an envelope, which we had taped to our office door, with key & map inside, we left our office AND front sign lights on all night, expecting your arrival..
so when one of our returning guests called us in the morning to find out if we had anything available, we rented the room we had expected you in to them . Hotel policy allows us to do so after 6am, which we did.
I did help you find another accommodation in our area, however, we could not do anything else here. I apologize if I appeared uprupt. we were 2 staff down that day and I doubled up in laundry. we wash all blankets and comforters for arriving guests, as well as the normal load of towels and linens. so, yes, it was very hectic in the morning.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Excellent location with beach a short walk across the street from nice little cottages. No frill cottages, but still very nice. Rooms were clean and grounds well taken care of, including a small pool and hot tub, with lots of flowers. Very close to Kennebunkport, about 5 miles, and other surrounding towns. Excellent spot to enjoy Maine and what it has to offer. Sonja, the owner has been there since 1965, and knows the area well, just ask and she will point you to where you want to go. Already thinking about going back next summer. Cottage 24 is the one i stayed in and it is small, but comfortable. I add that it is also pet friendly for small animals without a problem. Can't wait to do it again. Wonderful for beach goers and sightseeing.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Shorelands, Manager at Shorelands Guest Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

thank you for taking the time to respond. We do appreciate your comments. btw, Dock Square is a little over 2 miles away, although sometimes with traffic it may seem like 5...
thanks again.