This is my 3rd time staying here. The price for the parking pass has gone up. I believe it was $5 in 2015 and now cost me $20 for use during a 2 night stay. The location of this hotel allows them to charge over a $150 a night during high season as if these buildings were not so close to the ocean and swanky beach town they wouldn't get away with this price but compared to any other b&b or hotels in Kennebunk/Kennebunkport you would pay another $100 dollars a night. So embrace the savings and be ready to laugh at the decor as if it's replaced you will be paying more money. There are no elevators so if you are using a walker or wheelchair be aware that the walkway on one side of the building has a steep incline to get to the level for breakfast, or you could drive the person to the lower parking lot by the pool where there is a door into the building also for breakfast. I didn't like that people were locking their bicycles to the ramp in the front of the building making the handle bars stick into the narrow walkway for those with walkers and wheelchairs. The hotel should invest in a metal bike rack or tell it's patrons that they are being rude.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An affordable option for the Kennebunk/Kennebunkport area. The hotel offers simple, plain, comfortable guest rooms for young families, seniors and anyone on a budget. Located next to the beautiful St. Anthony's Monastery Grounds with 44 acres of trees, rolling lawns, picnic tables, riverside walking path, shrines and wildlife. Only 15 minute walk to the beach. Or if you wish to drive, parking permits are available for a small fee. The continental buffet included with your room, with an upgrade to hot breakfast available for a small fee. Amenities include outdoor saltwater pool, free parking, A/C's, mini-refrigerator in all rooms. Supper by our Lithuanian cooks available in peak season. The hotel is a little oasis of peace and tranquility between Docks Square and the Kennebunk beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Franciscan Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Franciscan Guest House Hotel Kennebunk
- Franciscan Hotel Kennebunk