“Great Pizza and a Great Bakery”

When Pigs Fly Pizzeria
Ranked #7 of 79 Restaurants in Kittery
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always stop At When Pigs Fly on our way to Maine. The Pizza is great for lunch with lots of variety. You should stop in the Bakery as well to sample, and buy, the breads and olive oils. It is a fun place to stop.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped for breads fresh baked and ready to go. Staff very friendly and helpful. Plenty of choices as well as baked goods. Decided to go for lunch and had great pizza and good beer selection everything was excellent!!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018

This is the ONLY Pigs Fly restaurant. Too bad, because the pizza is EXQUISITE. The ovens run at 600 degrees, so you place your order and it arrives, perfectly thin and a bit charred, in literally 5 minutes. We were in a rush and it was such a great experience. Next time we'll come back for some beers, wine, big pretzels, and different specialty pizza! Our server was really welcoming, as is the entire staff here and next door at the bread shop. Lots of Kittery choices for food, including the world-renowned Bob's Clam Hut, but this gets top ranking too.

Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

That was a waste of time and money. First, I ordered a gluten free burger for $11. I asked what the sides were and was told I had to order a side, for more $$. I ordered the fries that, according to the menu, can be made gluten free. That was another $7. $18 for a marginal dinner? OK.

The meal arrived and the girl said the fries are cross-contaminated and asked if I still wanted them. Well know, I have a gluten allergy. Then she dropped the “burger” on the table. It was a small plate with a tiny burger on top of lettuce. No bun. Apparently they don’t have buns. I was furious. The waitress couldn’t have told me when I ordered? It took me all of 2 minutes to eat my $11 piece of meat. I left hungry.

I live nearby and will NEVER go back and will tell all about my experience. Overpriced restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2018
Andrew S, Owner at When Pigs Fly Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Hello Bryan,

We sincerely apologize for your experience with us. I understand your frustrations, I would feel the same way. We take training on procedure for allergies very seriously, this is exceedingly rare for us. The staff member is being dealt with accordingly.

Please reach out to me at the restaurant at 207-438-7036 to discuss things further, we would like to do right by you. If I am unavailable please leave a contact number, I will call you back as soon as possible. Thank you Bryan, I look forward to talking to you soon.

Ryan McNally,

Reviewed 19 October 2018 via mobile

We came for dinner after going to Take Flight. We got two pizzas and bought some chocolate bread from the the company store. Our waitress did a good job with service. The food came out pritty promptly.