“Fine DIning In Kittery Maine”
Review of Anneke Jans

Anneke Jans
Reserve with OpenTable
Anneke Jans is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 71 Restaurants in Kittery
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Walker St
Reviewed 6 October 2017

I was shopping in Kittery and decided I would go for a fine dining meal for dinner. I had checked the menu online and made a reservation. I was not disappointed. The atmosphere was very nice, calm and relaxing with lovely wood accents.The bread served was excellent and i finished every piece. I had the mussels for an appetizer and the duck for a main course. Both were excellent. Serving sizes were just right. The Malbec wine was also very good. The service was relaxed and they gave you a little break in between courses so you could be ready for the next one. It was perfect. I had the bread pudding with wonderful cinnamon whipped cream for dessert. Loved the whipped cream. I would certainly go back again. Only negative is that parking is very hard to find in the village at dinner time but worth it for the wonderful dinner.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

We arrived early Thursday evening, fairly early so it was not at all crowded. Promptly seated by a friendly hostess, and knowledgeable waitress. They had a very interesting array of appetizer choices. We chose a farmer's salad and an heirloom tomato salad, both with a delicious balsamic glaze. For the main course we selected the hanger steak accompanied by fire grilled asparagus and a fingerling potato salad. The sauces and flavorings were spectacular. This place seems to be a hidden gem in a bit of an out-of-the-way location.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Been visiting annually for many years (10 or so) which says a lot. The last few years have been underwhelming but this year, we were quite pleased with everything. Sat at bar-side table (a first). Server was very candid and helpful. Drinks were well done. We weren't very hungry and split local oyster on the half shell, perfectly presented, excellent and true heirloom tomato and burrata salad, and one of the best burgers I've ever had. Perfectly cooked medium rare, juicy, simple and delicious. It was all about the meat, the way it should be. All three simple dishes were quality and exquisite. Can't wait for next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Quick summary: delicious menu of updated American cuisine, farm-to-table. Moderate prices for the quality. Nice wine selections and bar. Friendly, professional service.

We stopped here for dinner - my first time, my sister lives in the area and has dined here many times. The menu covers a nice range of fish and meats, with some vegetarian options. Burgers, steak frites, spring vegetable tempura, and other small plates are available in the lounge.

We split a good farmer's salad of greens, roasted tomatoes, manchego cheese, dates, etc. to start - very good ($12, and a splitable size.) Good bread on the table. For mains, I had an expertly prepared arctic char; she had the chicken (she requested a substitute for the accompanying polenta.) We also split a course of the gnocchi of the day - mushroom - that was outstanding, light, flavorful pillows. The mains come with appropriate starch and veg. All was delicious.

Mains are mostly in the $20's. Portions are a nice size, but not huge.

Full bar and a nice wine list. Most glasses in the $8.50 - $11 range for a good pour.

There is definitely talent in the kitchen. I'd be happy to return.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We started in the bar and the bartenders were helpful/knowledgeable despite not listing the much more expensive wine by the glass (I went cheaper anyway, but ask if you don't see something you like). My wife loved the Rosé from Austria!
At dinner, service was nearly perfect. Mussels were small, but tasty, the broth a little heavy and also tasty! Dinner selection was good: monk fish for my wife and hangar steak/Demi for me.