“Decent place for a lobster roll. Pet friendly and gay friendly, by the way.”
Review of Riverside Take Out

Riverside Take Out
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Machias
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Quirky take-out place located on route 1 just on the way out of Machias ( if you are headed towards Eastport & Calais ) overlooking the river. Run by a re-located Boston couple and free ice cream for your canine. Lobster rolls are ok and they offer up traditional down east seafood like fried clams. Not cheap, though.

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I visited Riverside with my family for lunch this week, and we enjoyed an excellent carry-out meal that was made fresh - and pretty quickly- for a great price. I got the shrimp lunch, sweet and delicious, and my wife got the haddock sandwich- with enough fish for two sandwiches, easily- while our 11 year old enjoyed chicken tenders.

I photographed the view while waiting for our food, but we ate on the road instead of using one of the picnic tables. Service was very friendly! Next time we'll try to stick around and have ice cream after lunch! We recommend this roadside stand!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

You just gotta love Riverside Takeout. The seafood is fresh and local, breaded and made to order, and served hot with any condiment your little heart may desire.

It's a perennial fav, and locals know it as some of the best food around.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

I am so glad I drove by this place, turned around, and came back to eat. The guys who run it are friendly and fun. The lobster roll was delicious and reasonably priced. The moosetracks ice cream was delicious.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

It's a little takeout on the side of the road in Machias, Maine. Don't let the small size of the place fool you, the food is BIG on flavor. And the hospitality was really good too.