“Outstanding burgers!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2015

I've been to Damarascotta often and have passed the Publick house many a time - it was great to finally try it out. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon and Husband & I were in the mood for burgers - this place delivered Phenomenal burgers! Huge patties, fresh ingredients, juicy - the best burger I have ever had. I truly had eater's remorse! Wish I could say the same for the fries - I tried them first...luke-warm. We were only the 3rd table in there and the other 2 already had food in front of them. *Sigh* Oh well, at least they have the burgers....:-)

Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

Came early on a weekday--our first visit. Thought we'd have a leisurely drink and then dinner. Excellent beer on tap selection. They were out out of one of their signature dishes, shepherds pie , but we had the "duck and frites" and the "duck salad"--both excellent: fresh duck breast, greens and small fresh-cut fried potatoes. Not hurried, friendly and overall enjoyable meal. We'll be back--maybe they'll have the shepherds pie next time. (I'd give them five disks, if they'd had the s.p.!)

Reviewed 16 March 2015

On a recent business trip to Boothbay my colleagues and I were looking for a lunch before heading back to work. We asked for a recommendation and were directed to the Publick House in Newcastle. We were greeted and seated promptly. According to the hostess there had been recent renovations and the place looked clean and up to date. We ordered from the lunch menu and each chose something different. I chose the blackened haddock sandwich which was excellent and it came with some delicious fries. My colleagues chose salads which they enjoyed. The service was adequate and the food came fairly quickly. By the time we left the place was full which tells me that the locals support this venue. I would recommend this choice if you are in the Boothbay/Newcastle area looking for a good lunch.

Reviewed 8 March 2015

The food is usually good but th service is so unbelievably slow-- every time. It's not just the food but the drinks take forever. I was in food service before and I understand things can run behind but every single time? We have been to the publick house about 25 times this year and have been disappointed with services almost every time. The last visit our waitress was outside smoking a cigarette and then came in to take our order-- that was the last straw for me.
If publick house is reading this please, please please update your staff on being friendly and efficient--we want to love this place!

1  Thank Kate H
Reviewed 22 February 2015

We eat here about 20 - 30 times a year. Varied menu ,fair priced and good servings. Specials every night. They have nice dinner pizza's and burger to seafood. Limited waitress staff so they get to know you . No waiting as they all help each other. Really enjoy them as well. Live music some nights. Small bar and an upstairs we have never been to. Sounds like fun though!