“Dinner with a group”

Ranked #38 of 102 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

One of the few places around this area where a large group can enjoy a casual meal without too much trouble. Salad must have the zinger dressing and try the blueberry beer. It is all about lobster here though they serve a nice broiled haddock dish too. Overall good.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We are dinner here on our first night, it was quite tasty, but az bit pricey. I had the baked lobster, which was pretty good. The view, which is right on Marginal Way ca not be beat. I give it 4 stars.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit to this fine establishment.

The service was prompt, courteous and professional. The evening view of the bay, from inside the main dining area, next to the window, was very nice and relaxing. The food was well-prepared, hot and tasty. The prices were reasonable.

I ordered the 1-1/4 pound lobster dinner deal, with clam chowder and blueberry pie a la mode. I like how they cut the shell in strategic places, so I could get at all the meat without making a big mess. I managed to eat it all without a bib, and didn’t get any on my shirt. Quite proud of that-ha!

The chowder was great. Plenty of clams, and I didn’t even put crackers in it.

My wife’s meal was also very good. She ordered the seafood trio, with a house salad, and enjoyed it all very much.

Last time we were there she had crab cakes, and she liked them, also.

We like being able to walk here via Marginal Way.

We would definitely return!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

We had lovely views of the rocky coastline. My husband ordered the crab roll (which he said tasted like tuna-ish) and chips, I had crab cakes (which were probably typical crab cakes) that came with nothing (maybe they were meant to be an appetizer) and our daughter had the chicken strips & clam chowder, which she said was okay (she was comparing it to the Legal Seafood Clam chowder she had in Boston). The prices seemed high, but we saw that all over New England. I think our bill there was over $60 for the three of us.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We walk the Marginal Way several times on each visit to Ogunquit and eat dinner at the Oarweed once per trip. This is a comfortable, casual restaurant that serves tasty food without any fuss or pretense. The view is beautiful, the service is friendly and efficient, and our food has always been fresh, delicious, and affordable. They have a great seafood chowder and baked haddock with ample sides, along with many other menu items. We've never been disappointed which is why we go back several times a year. There is outdoor as well as indoor seating.