3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$139
PricelineUS$139
Hotels.comUS$139
TravelocityUS$139
CheapTicketsUS$139
Orbitz.comUS$139
All reviews main building wrap around porch perkins cove marginal way breakfast room freshly baked cookies yogurt guest house common room nice breakfast mini fridge view of the ocean shops and restaurants new england sitting area trolley stop lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2020

I guess we expected more !!. As always I did my research looking for the best hotel that would fit our needs and lifestyle. The Colonial Inn caught our attention due to location, price and a YouTube video showing accommodations and interviewing the owner of the Inn. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member who welcomed us and showed us to our guest house (#504) We didn't stay very long before requesting being moved. When we got to our second room (502) we had working heat and a lock on the door so we stayed. The second room was ok but still kind of tired looking Most of the baseboard heaters were broke and missing pieces, the electric fireplace was not working, and many other areas needed TLC or updating. I'm not hear to "bash" the Inn, however it did appear to us the property was much like our room...Tired looking and upkept. Maybe the owner(s) just gave up on the place. If you are going to visit the area the Colonial inn is ok, the location is good and the staff is friendly but boy there are MANY MANY........MANY other places which were 100 times nicer looking, immaculate grounds and had ocean views .....for the same $$ we were spending !!! take your time and do more research then I did, its worth it in the end.

Date of stay: September 2020
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Dear Jet785652, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations however, glad to learn you found our staff and service up to par. After reading your review, I inspected the room and discovered that one of the baseboard heaters was missing an end cap, which was promptly replaced. I apologize that the fireplace in the room was unplugged - it should have been plugged in prior to your arrival to avoid confusion. I can assure you that it is in working order. Other than these two items, the rest of the room appeared to be in immaculate condition, being one of our most recently renovated guestrooms. We had to navigate many obstacles this season - one being COVID-19, but additionally a severe drought that affected us, and the entire state. We recognize that the grounds were not looking the best this season and are already planning ahead for next season to ensure a better outcome and improved appearance. Again, thank you for your feedback as it is helpful in making improvements moving forward.

Kindly,

Taylor

Taylor Getchell
The Colonial Inn

Reviewed 25 September 2020

This inn is absolutely top notch. It was safe, beautiful, centrally located, and they were so nice. We had the best room in the inn and I felt like I was sleeping in the clouds. Taylor was wonderful at checkin and everyone did their best to make me feel special for my 40th. Highly recommend - only place to stay!

1  Thank jnashawaty
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

jnashawaty,

Thank you for choosing us to celebrate your 40'th birthday! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our Inn, the location and of course - the complimentary birthday upgrade! I love your description of the room, where you mentioned it felt like you were sleeping in the clouds. Being on the top back corner of the Main Inn, room 408 not only has some of the best ocean views in the house, but also comfortable, bright and spacious. We are excited to welcome you back - perhaps for your next birthday as an annual tradition!

Kindly,

Taylor

Reviewed 15 September 2020

This inn does a great job ensuring a safe stay. From touchless check in and check out to enforcing mask wearing and proper separation we felt very comfortable. There isn’t traditional room service during the pandemic but you can request whatever you might need from housekeeping. The room was a nice size, very clean and well appointed. The bathroom was large but really could use more shelf space. Complimentary breakfast featured cereals, baked goods, juices and coffee. Most everything was grab and go, pre packaged for safety. A really nice wrap around porch where you can eat breakfast or just lounge and enjoy the scenery added to the pleasant experience at this inn. We will definitely return!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank oceansidetraveler0
Reviewed 6 September 2020

This inn is beautiful and handicapped accessible! I use an electric scooter. Although the front of the inn has about 5 steps, there was a one-person lift located in the back of the main building to get me to the "lobby". The "lobby" has a huge seating area with many comfortable chairs and tables and a beautiful piano! Breakfast was included. Because of COVID-19, the breakfast was "grab n' go". Cereals, yogurts, fruit, individually wrapped muffins. There were tables on the huge wraparound deck that we sat at every morning for breakfast. We had a gorgeous, huge, ADA room (Room 101) with a roll-in shower. It was perfect. The bed was so very comfortable. My only issue (I am only 5"1') AND handicapped, was that the bed, with its large, thick mattress and boxspring, was that I had alot of trouble getting onto the bed because it was very high off the ground! Because of COVID, there was no housekeeping service for the room but anything that was needed (fresh towels or toiletries) were readily available on request.
The Inn is located less than a 10 minute walk from town where most of the shops and restaurants can be found. No car needed which was great!
I would highly recommend this Inn to anyone visiting Ogunquit!

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank SueAx57
Reviewed 30 August 2020

I'm going to start by saying that no one made me or paid me to write this review so if it seems it's too good to be true...well it's not. THIS PLACE IS ASTOUNDING! Beautiful lobby when you first walk in. Finely decorated with a gorgeous black piano and a place to play chest. There's an open wine bar from 4 to 8 (don't quote me on the times though). The staff are so friendly and accommodating. We met Taylor, Ginny, and Philip. Taylor gave us a map for around town and everything was in walking distance which was perfect. She gave us detail descriptions on each direction including some amazing shops and restaurants. Ginny assured us there was coffee in the lobby 24/7 which made me extremely happy! Phillip was very generous when we ordered pizza for delivery to the front desk. He tipped the delivery driver for is and I insisted Philip that I pay him back. Unfortunately our pizza was cold but the restaurant I assume was very busy so Philip offered to warm it in their oven for us which was extremely kind. We could've just microwaved it seeing as how we had one in our room. Very thoughtful. Taylor told us around noon everyday they made chocolate chip cookies. The smell of freshly baked cookies wafted into the lobby and guess what? They taste just as good as they smell. It was hard to eat more than one! Our room was located in the Eastern part of the lot. It had a lovely balcony and the pool was just a couple steps away. Our beds were made up nicely with a beautiful towel arrangement with rose petals. On the dresser was complimentary perseco and a bag of our favorite chocolates. The room came with a mini fridge, a tv, and a microwave. We loved the square sink in the bathroom too! The bedding was all white which is rare to find in a hotel. White bedding means you can tell whether or not they have been clean. Some hotels skip out on this for easier cleaning duties but not at the Colonial Inn! Everything was immaculate! My cousin and I traveled here to make up for me missing her bachelorette party due to work. It was definitely the right choice. I'll definitely be coming back!

Date of stay: August 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Curiosity44654466434