Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews main building wrap around porch perkins cove marginal way breakfast room freshly baked cookies yogurt guest house common room nice breakfast mini fridge view of the ocean shops and restaurants new england sitting area trolley stop lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 May 2021

My family and I stayed in two double queen bed rooms that were side by side. Staff was great. Room was immaculate. Grab and go breakfast perfect. Grounds were spotless. Enjoyed the stay and looking forward to coming back this fall.

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank UCONNTOM21
Reviewed 5 November 2020

My wife and I escaped Vermont for a few days before we begin our winter hibernation. The fall colors were lovely, and this inn provided a degree of service that we enjoyed. Granted, it was not high season, but the staff was attentive, the rooms were clean, public spaces large and attractive, and we felt perfectly safe. The morning breakfast was well done, and hey even had gluten-free bagels. We are from VT, a bubble as far as COVID-19 goes, and we never hesitated to do anything around the hotel. I would return, again off-season as there is something pleasant about no crowds and attentive staff.

1  Thank twomartinilunch
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Twomartinilunch,

Thank you for choosing us on your last minute escape! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time in Ogunquit and all that our property has to offer. We think that off-season stays can provide some of the best and most memorable experiences. Getting to enjoy the property and town without the peak season crowds is a special experience. We pride ourselves in our attentive staff and are pleased to learn that you found the hospitality top-notch as we approached the homestretch of our season. We'll be taking reservations all winter long, so please don't hesitate to give us a call when you have your future dates. We'd love to assist you in booking!

Reviewed 27 October 2020

A friend recommended the hotel next to this one but this was more than 50% less in price because the view of the ocean was blocked by the hotel next door. To save so much we walked down the path a couple of minutes to see the ocean and found this to be a great place to stay. We took a King bed room in the INN and loved it. Cookies and coffee were provided in late afternoon and were great. The breakfast was nothing to speak of but for the savings on the room, you can easily go out to get a full breakfast if you wish. I'm not a breakfast lover so it didn't bother me at all. The staff was very nice. Very nice and roomy open space for guests on the first floor with rockers outside. I'd stay here again.

1  Thank margarbi
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2020

Margarbi,

We're so grateful that you chose us on your trip to Ogunquit and that your friend's recommendation of us met your expectations! We're happy that you found our location convenient and our prices fair. For future reference, we do offer some rooms on our third and fourth floors with ocean views. Although we're not right on the water, you can view miles of beautiful coastline right from your room. I highly recommend our Premium Ocean View King rooms, which are some of the largest in the Main Inn with a king bed, sitting area and panoramic ocean views. When you have future dates, give us a call and we'd be happy to assist you in booking!

Reviewed 2 October 2020

The Colonial Inn has a very attentive staff the caters to your hotel needs. My room was in the Garden Building on the second floor where I had a shared balcony...it was perfect for taking in Ogunquit's fall evenings. Perfectly located to explore the artsy town.

Trip type: Travelled solo

AdventureDiva,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! Our Garden Building rooms are highly sought-after because of many of the reasons you've mentioned above! Not only do they have ample amenities to make your stay comfortable, but they also have a great location that offers a little more privacy than our other buildings. Did you know that there is also an entrance to Marginal Way right around the corner? Next time you're here for a visit, we'd be happy to show you on a local area map. Please give us a call when you're ready with your 2021 dates!

Reviewed 26 September 2020

I guess we expected more !!. As always I did my research looking for the best hotel that would fit our needs and lifestyle. The Colonial Inn caught our attention due to location, price and a YouTube video showing accommodations and interviewing the owner of the Inn. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member who welcomed us and showed us to our guest house (#504) We didn't stay very long before requesting being moved. When we got to our second room (502) we had working heat and a lock on the door so we stayed. The second room was ok but still kind of tired looking Most of the baseboard heaters were broke and missing pieces, the electric fireplace was not working, and many other areas needed TLC or updating. I'm not hear to "bash" the Inn, however it did appear to us the property was much like our room...Tired looking and upkept. Maybe the owner(s) just gave up on the place. If you are going to visit the area the Colonial inn is ok, the location is good and the staff is friendly but boy there are MANY MANY........MANY other places which were 100 times nicer looking, immaculate grounds and had ocean views .....for the same $$ we were spending !!! take your time and do more research then I did, its worth it in the end.

Date of stay: September 2020
Taylor Getchell, General Manager at The Colonial Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Dear Jet785652, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry to hear that we didn't exceed your expectations however, glad to learn you found our staff and service up to par. After reading your review, I inspected the room and discovered that one of the baseboard heaters was missing an end cap, which was promptly replaced. I apologize that the fireplace in the room was unplugged - it should have been plugged in prior to your arrival to avoid confusion. I can assure you that it is in working order. Other than these two items, the rest of the room appeared to be in immaculate condition, being one of our most recently renovated guestrooms. We had to navigate many obstacles this season - one being COVID-19, but additionally a severe drought that affected us, and the entire state. We recognize that the grounds were not looking the best this season and are already planning ahead for next season to ensure a better outcome and improved appearance. Again, thank you for your feedback as it is helpful in making improvements moving forward.

Taylor Getchell