“Food good but service very poor and unhelpful”
Review of The White Hart

The White Hart
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Brasted
Price range: US$11 - US$45
Cuisines: Contemporary, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An idyllic retreat set in beautiful country house-style surroundings, The White Hart - Brasted serves a menu of gourmet European recipes. Free Car park restrictions apply. Register inside the pub while visiting
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I having been going to the White Hart for a number of years.
Today I went again and although the food was OK the service was very poor. It seemed that we were an inconvenience to the restaurant and it's staff.
It was a totally contrast to the previous night at the Ivy Tower Bridge where the service and food was exceptional. Also the Ivy is much better value for money.
I have always liked going to the White Hart but regrettably not again. Customer service is synonymous with customer loyalty so if a 5 star London restaurant prides itself on customer service why is it so difficult for a village pub to embrace such a simple concept.

Dan_Tornbom, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear LarryWinter

Thank you for taking the team to share your feedback from your recent visit.

We are continuously striving to achieve a great guest service for all our guests however I am realistic that this will not be the case 1005 of the time.
I am not sure exactly what we have not delivered during your service and would like to know more, so if you could email me direct some more information I will be delighted to look at this. My email is: enquiry@whitehartbrasted.co.uk

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal at the white hart, there was a great selection. Our waitress Laura was amazing and very attentive, thank you.

Dan_Tornbom, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2018

Dear Wondermint4

Thank you for your kind review.
We have shared this with Laura and team.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Had lunch for 2. Not many staff. 1 person at the bar and only 2 in the restaurant. Menu choice good. Went for vegetarian option. Just mediocre run of the mill food. Good but nothing outstanding. Parking available but need to register number plate in the bar.

Dan_Tornbom, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear 400manda

Thank you for your review. We are a village pub however not very typical since we have a very unique part in history. In regards to the staffing levels i would say that this is a common staff ratio on a less busy day.

I am pleased to read that you found our menu to your satisfaction and that you found the food good.

We always strive to be better and learn from our guests experience so I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Good point to share is that the car park is free however the registration number have to be entered inside the pub during your visit

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Very enjoyable meal out this evening for a family birthday. Delicious food, lovely drinks and a pleasant atmosphere! Visited here once before and it was just as good as the first time! We were served by the lovely Jess! Definitely won't hesitate to come back.

Dan_Tornbom, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear _michflegg

Thank you for your kind review.

I have shared this with Jess and the team.

We hope to welcome you back to The White Hart in the near future

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in after a very busy shift at work
Cosy fire friendly staff
And a glass of complimentary presseco from the chef
Made my very hectic sunday end on a very nice note

Dan_Tornbom, General Manager at The White Hart, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear mrsw1984

Thank you for your kind review.

I have shared your feedback with the team and we hope to welcome you back soon.