“Great!”
Review of Cheevitdee

Cheevitdee
Ranked #93 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Absolutely delicious and "not your typical" Thai food. The vegetarian rolls were the best my wife and I had ever had, with beets in them (!) and just the right kick in terms of spice. We had the raw salmon salad, which was quite different in a good way, and filling. Lastly, we had the vegetable stew, which was more of a noodle soup, but which was stunning. Very reasonably priced with a delightful waiter. Definitely going back.

1  Thank Hudson8Northeast

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Fresh, delicious and GF offerings with a reasonable selection of wine, including organic choices. The service is attentive. We went on a Monday night, and it was not busy. The food came in quickly and our server was efficient and friendly. It's important that you tell them you are GF because the G symbol says they are GF on request.

My husband, who has gone to SE Asia often on business found it authentic.

The fresh rolls were really great with fresh veggies including beets and radish! And the chicken meatballs are really simple but totally delicious.

My husband got the fish curry dish in banana leaves: Tasty, well done and with red rice. The chewy texture of the rice is great - you can enjoy the rice as much as the fish. It wasn't heavy with coconut milk or loaded with oil. I got the shrimp crepe - which is a melange of ground shrimp and veg wrapped in an egg-crepe. It was also really good.

The place is super clean and well-decorated too.

1  Thank steph1
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Yes they accommodate vegans.

I only had their veggie rolls and a Thai beer, both were delicious.

Nice service and smiling staff.

I’d have stayed for dinner but it was too early.

Would go back any time.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Really good Thai food that relies on fresh ingredients that are well flavored. No sweet or oily sauces, everything seems to be prepared in a much healthier way. Vegetarian, shrimp, fish and chicken dishes -- no red meat. Simple but nice decor and friendly service.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

I don't know why this place isn't packed all the time, but it should be. Boda always seems to have an insane line, and it's great for sure, but while different this is just as good in my mind, and we've never had to wait, or seen a line.

We've been to Cheevitdee now twice, and both times had the same wonderful, energetic server. He's super friendly, glides around the room effortlessly and clearly knows the menu inside and out. Requests and questions on cooking method were no problem.

The food has also been sensational. The ingredients are incredibly fresh and you can tell who's cooking really handles the ingredients with care. If you've seen others' photos, you can tell plates are artfully presented and the taste is just as good. You would never know it unless you really pay attention, but everything on the menu is also really healthy. If you've had enough or burgers and pizza, and are sick of eating salads, this should be a godsend. But again, there's enough indulgence where you don't feel like you're eating healthy (i.e. the summersquash pudding, oh my lord).

The prices are also really affordable, depending on where you sit you have a great view of Fore Street; what else could you ask for? I think I'm going to be on a once a week rotation come winter time.