“Gem hidden in plain sight”
Review of Olive Cafe

Olive Cafe
Ranked #81 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Unassuming, cozy Mediterranean restaurant in prime location. Tonight ordered the Mediterranean plate and Chicken Kebab. The hummus and falafel were great and the fried cauliflower was excellent. We have been to Olive cafe multiple times over the years and it has never disappointed.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Danielle W

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We've been to Olive Cafe twice, most recently this weekend. We ordered the Mediterranean Plate and Vegetarian Plate (both of which are vegetarian), Fatoush Salad and side of brussel sprouts. We loved everything and it was perfect for my wife, my five year old (picky eater, he enjoyed the hummus and falafel) and one year old. I like their take on baba ganoush, which is more subtle than some other places.

Warning to fellow vegans is that the Fatoush salad had some shredded cheese on top (usually I don't think this dish uses cheese) so make sure to ask them to leave that out.

Service was efficient, exactly what's needed when traveling with two little ones.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

I could only give this place 5 stars!!! It deserves more! Our yearly visit on our vacations now, was once again a smashing success!!! The Vegetarian Mediterranean pizza may well be the best pizza on the PLANET!!!!! From the greetings to the goodbye of our friendly and welcoming server the meals were fantastic, the atmosphere and ambience top notch !!! my only complaint is I would give this place more stars if I could. When in Portland, you must try it.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

Great authentic cuisine. Service not rushed. Good price points for portion received. Will visit again.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Little restaurant where owner does it all. My husband loved the Lamb he got. I'm more picky so a place like this I can't comment. But he was in love with this little gem as he called it

Date of visit: April 2017