“Good ramen, amazing pork buns”
Review of Pai Men Miyake

Pai Men Miyake
Ranked #40 of 623 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 November 2017

The ramen was good, but the pork buns were amazing! Good drink menu. Small place, cozy vibe. There will likely be a wait, but there are other bars in the area and they'll text you when the table is ready.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Excellent dinner, waitress was very attentive, set in a small cozy setting. Enjoyed dinner with my wife on our anniversary. Call ahead to make reservations.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We had the Brussels sprouts and the hokkaiyaki, which were both very good (the sprouts especially). We also enjoyed some beers off the menu, which we really enjoyed. After all that, we thought the ramen was subpar, particularly my miso broth which lacked taste. I enjoyed my experience enough to give it another shot, though, and our servers were very nice and accommodative.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I went to try the Brussels Sprouts, which two reviewers had described as the best they'd ever had. However, they seemed to be roasted, which leaves the center very dense, and not particularly edible in my view. You do get a good sized bowl of them, so they should definitely be shared by 3-4 people.
Besides being crowded, the "music" being played at nightclub levels made it a place that I didn't want to stay in for very long - just long enough to eat maybe half my sprouts.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This place turns up some great food: ramen (obviously), pork buns and gyozas. I've eaten my fair share of Japanese food over the years and this place deserves to be up there with the best. As for the service, the waiter was an awesome guy who gave us lots of suggestions during our vacation in Portland.

It wasn't over priced either. I like the fact that there's an automated texting system if there's a lineup. Very convenient.

Thanks for the good time guys!

1  Thank Montreal_Foodie514