1,065 results
All reviews armory lounge milk street steam room old port complimentary coffee valet parking perfect location historic building charming hotel turn down service within walking distance two blocks valet service each morning third floor new england shops and restaurants
Reviewed 31 May 2018

I love old hotels, particularly those that are kept up and work hard to integrate new ideas and technology into their serve without losing the old world charm. The Regency is well-located not far from the harbor, and near lots of lovely restaurants, the tourist tram and fun shopping. I would stay there again.

Stayed: June 2017
D D, Director of Sales at Portland Regency Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

We greatly appreciate your review. Thank you for recognizing and appreciating the hard work that goes into maintaining an older property and keeping up with what guests expect for modern amenities.
Hope to welcome you back soon!

-D.Davis

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

It's not a 5-star hotel but it's is perfectly nice. I enjoyed my 3 night stay. Huge corner room. Very comfortable bed. Quiet room. Great shower. Complimentary bottled water in fridge, coffee in the lobby and shuttle to transportation hubs. Close to everything including the best restaurants. Very cool historic building. The entire staff were warm and welcoming.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for the outstanding review!
Our team works hard to achieve reviews such as yours.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

-D.Davis

Reviewed 31 May 2018

So many bad things about this hotel. From carting your luggage up a flight of stairs to check in, half of the so called "spa" closed the rest a private party with glasses and liquor, dirty room deck view of a parking lot. We stayed on the 5th floor and heard air handlers all night on the roof. WiFi didn't work. Historic only from the outside not the inside unless you count the stairs you have to carry your luggage up! Find another place to stay!!! We thought we were booking a luxury hotel for our honeymoon this was sooo disappointing!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan H

We are sorry to hear that you had a not so great experience with us.
I would be interested in hearing more about the specifics of your experience. Please reach out to me directly to discuss further. ddavis@theregency.com or (207) 774-4200.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

I stayed here a few weeks ago the hotel itself was fine and do not have many complaints but one big one. I stayed in room 305 which I would stay away from if they have not changed the bed. It was like staying on a torcher rack. it sank in the middle, it sank at the pillow and it sank at the foot of the bed, they had to know it one side was worse than the other . The have to go buy a new mattress. When we checked in they told me the parking was being picked up by the host , yet when we checked out they charged me, when I asked about the free parking they did not know what I was talking about . Dinner was o.k. the service was slow and very un even after the first person was served the last person did not get their meal for twenty minutes. why so long not enough help. The noise out side was not too bad it ended before midnight. I thought the location was very good right in the middle of everything and very easy to walk to other restaurants .

Room Tip: higher floor away from the street
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience with us.
We have reviewed all of the issues you mentioned and will address as necessary.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and to experience our property in a better light as so many other guests have and continue to experience.

-D.D.

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Location is perfect for a weekend in Old Port. Surrounded by excellent restaurants, plenty of shopping and attractions. Hotel is older and is starting to show its age in some of the rooms. Your best bet is a room with a deck. Nice view with an updated room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Much appreciate you taking the time to provide a review on your stay.
We are happy that you enjoyed your deck room. These are great rooms with pretty views of the historic Old Port.
We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

-D.D.