“Homemade ice cream on the waterfront”
Review of Captain Sam's

Captain Sam's
Ranked #10 of 24 Dessert in Portland
Description: Phone (207) 619-7211
Description: Phone (207) 619-7211
Reviewed 24 March 2016

DELICIOUS homemade ice cream. Family-run. Not cheap, but well-worth the price. Interesting flavors. Cute, made-in-Maine souvenirs.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

My wife and I had heard so much about Blueberries (Maine's primary agricultural crop) before journeying there that we wanted to try all things blueberry --- rolls, pancakes, pastry, pie and ice cream. Without question, the blueberry ice cream at Captain Sam's (albeit a pricey $6 for a very large cup/cone) was the best blueberry experience on our week long trip in Maine.

1  Thank GREG M
Reviewed 28 September 2015

We visited here on a warm August afternoon! The Maine blueberry ice cream was delicious and tasted as if it had just been churned! Some of the ice cream shops had long waits, but we were waited on quickly. We ate our ice cream inside the shop, which was bright, clean & cozy. It was fun for us to find out that one of the owners was a University of GA "dawg" fan...GO DAWGS!

Reviewed 16 September 2015 via mobile

Had a good lunch, but need some ice cream to fill in some space. Great place at Captain Sam's. Home made and delicious. Recommend the salty carmel.

Reviewed 28 August 2015 via mobile

I have always gone to the same place summer after summer for ice cream in portland. Now I'm going to go to a new place: Captain Sams!!! This is excellent icecream...no ice crystals, creamy just the right amount of sweet, a lot of flavors to choose from but not so many that you're head is spinning. The shop is small but very cute and very clean. And large servings for the money. I am so happy that I found it!

Been to Captain Sam's? Share your experiences!