“Best sushi place in Maine”
Review of Restaurant Sapporo

Restaurant Sapporo
Ranked #107 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2016

We were very satisfied with our recent lunch here. The service was friendly and the sushi were fresh. Prices of the bento boxes were very reasonable.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Eating in Portland can be a challenge!
Many places are heavily booked up so you have to venture out at 5:30 if you want to get your name on the walk in list for a table at a reasonable time. Too early.
We have 'chanced our arm' each evening, with success, mainly.
Having studied a few menus and walked on we decided to go in here.....good decision.

I didn't want sushi, of any kind, but there was still plenty for me to choose from. Goya and shrimp and veg tempura with noodle broth.

My husband wanted sushi. We asked a lot of questions, the waitress gladly explained...its just dishes don't always stay consistent from continent to continent. The sushi chef overheard and joined the discussion, showing some dishes. My husband had some tempura followed by a sushi and sashimi mixed dish which included a roll. It had a good range of fish. He was very happy. Even used the chopsticks!
The wine came nod the cork had already been removed....I don't believe that to be a good thing.

Very friendly, helpful staff. Tasty food. It was fun to watch the sushi chef.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We have eaten at Sapporo many times over an extended period. We have always been pleased. Usually we sit at the sushi bar and have found the service to be better than sitting as a group at a table. We had tuna tataki and a couple of rolls. The Maine lobster roll was terrific and the jalapeño roll was quite interesting. All of us were quite satisfied with the food and presentation. Our dishes came quite quickly after our order was placed.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

We accidently stoppen in Portland and diner at sapporro. Very good food and reasonably procedure. Quality of lunchspecials is very good. Customerparking next to the restaurant is comfortabel.

Reviewed 28 April 2016

This is all around one of my favorite restaurants to visit in Portland. In fact, it used to a tradition for my husband and myself to come every Sunday for lunch. Their deals are hard to beat! During the lunch special, we've paid 20 bucks for both of us to get full of great quality sushi! However we are more than willing to come during dinner time and pay full price as well!

I've lost count of how many times I've been here, and when I return from my overseas trip cannot wait to keep coming back! They have the BEST spicy scallop sushi I've EVER had!