“Best Thai Food”

Mekhong Thai Portland
Ranked #173 of 642 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 July 2015

The name of this restaurant has changed to Mekong Asian Bistro. It is my favorite Thai restaurant. Every summer when I come to Maine for summer vacation, I would come here for my Thai food. The lunch special came with crab rangoon, soup, the dish you order and a slice of orange. They also provide you with crunchy fried noodle while waiting for your main meal. The crab rangoon is the best I have ever eaten.Their pad Thai , drunken noodle, Thai fried rice and curry dishes are very good. The spicy levels are categorized as A,B,C,D,and E. E being the spiciest. I usually go with triple E, and it really gives a kick which I love very much. The price is very affordable. About $10 including tax and tip. I would highly recommend this place for good Thai food.

Reviewed 16 June 2015 via mobile

My favorite place for pad thai, but I also love the currys. They are great about giving you just the spice level you request, the menu is varied and interesting, food always comes out quickly, and prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 16 May 2015

One of our party has a soy allergy, and the chef was able to modify the drunken noodle dish to accommodate, and still create a tasty dish. My crispy noodles with chicken was okay, but a little vinegary for my taste. The fresh spring rolls with peanut sauce were very good.The service was very good. The atmosphere is nice, and it seems to be a fairly popular place.

Reviewed 5 May 2015

Mekhong Thai is our favorite Thai food in Portland. Their drunken noodle is amazing, as are the curries we have tried. Watch out how spicy you order things. It can be a bit inconstant and we have ordered

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

Mekhong Thai in Portland, Maine, provided a good lunch during my recent visit. The presentation was very nice, the service was very good, and the food tasted fine. Not the best I have ever had, but I would return in the future.