“The Egg & I is the place for me!”

The Egg & I Restaurant- Portland
Ranked #35 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving Breakfast and Lunch all day. We also have a large meeting room with free WiFi and large screen TV for Business Meetings or Celebrations. Extensive menu with many unique items.
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite finds! Lucky enough to have this restaurant attached to the hotel I stayed in, although they are separate businesses. I ate breakfast here 5 days in a row, and each visit was as terrific as the last. I am a fanatic for French Toast and I had their version three times, with slight modification to each that they gladly and capably made to order. I would, and did come back for their French Toast alone, but then there is the service, which is even better than the food! Friendly and super hospitality, like I was a regular after one visit! My only wish was that I could spend more days to explore the menu, which of course had many excellent menu offerings. They only serve lunch and breakfast, otherwise, i could easily see going there for all three meals. Dont take my word for it, make it a point to go there and see for yourself.

3  Thank bayleadog
Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant- Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

I loved reading this! Thanks so much for sharing!!! We hope to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 19 February 2017

My husband and I went to The Egg and I in February, 2017 and it didn't disappoint. I've never had a bad meal there. The Spice Pear drink was especially tasty.

4  Thank Packmusk
Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant- Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

This is great to hear! Thanks so much! I am glad you enjoyed your experience​ at The Egg & I!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

I found them a bit high Priced and the service was slow. I had to ask for more coffee and eggs not cooked as ordered. Disappointed.

Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant- Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Thank you for your recent visit and for this feedback. From start to finish, we sincerely apologize for the experience you describe here. We take our service and food very seriously and it is upsetting to know this is how your visit went. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns - we will address them immediately. We do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Had a hard time making a selection - settled on a Bacon Scramble with onion, avocado and other veggies - very good size serving, very tasty meal and their own special hot sauce added nicely to my meal - plenty of tasty coffee, and we ordered a 'good size' blueberry pancake side - wow, it was huge and very tasty. We will be going back again soon. Note: It takes a something very special to rate a place as Excellent - this place comes close. Good food, good service, good environment, plenty of parking and food arrived quickly.

2  Thank Downeastme
Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant- Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

This was fabulous to read! I am beyond thrilled at what a great experience​ you had with us! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

You can't go wrong with The Egg & I. A very pleasant atmosphere for dining with family & friends for good conversation - not noisy like some other restuarants. Eggs Benedict are delicious, good coffee and very good service!

3  Thank Prudygirl1
Shay B, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant- Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2017

WOW! Thanks, Prudygirl1! This is exactly the kind of feedback we strive for! See you again soon!