“This place is great”

Ranked #273 of 634 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$3 - US$7
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 17 January 2018

The falafel wrap and blackened catfish are awesome. Best sandwiches in town. Simple, good food and a laugh and a smile every time. Nothing fancy and I usually carry out, but the upstairs dining room can be cozy.

Reviewed 28 October 2016

I went to Federal spice a while back. They have authentic Jamaican dishes. I loved the jerk chicken with rice and beans. The tilapia and Cajun catfish wraps are good too.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

Burritos are good sized and reasonably priced which brings me back regularly.

The jerk chicken the last several visits didn't really taste jerky but rather bland, not sure why this is. I would really like to see the marinade more present and this is Federal "Spice" after all, but where was the spice?

A good value and a decent lunch on a budget!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I work near this restaurant and it is my go-to place for a quick lunch. I usually grab my burrito to go and it rarely takes more than a couple of minutes from when I walked in to when I'm walking out.

I usually go for the specials on the wall, but if nothing suits my fancy, I'll opt for the Jerk Chicken Burrito. If you're looking for a quick lunch/dinner on a budget, this is your place!

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Small place with great ethic food. The ox tail was delicious and came with rice and salad. The place can get quite hot as the a/c doesn't work all the time. Recommend grabbing a table outside.