“Excellente y Perfecto!”

El Corazon
Ranked #237 of 627 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Had an early dinner here on a Saturday night. We were seated promptly, and the service we received was excellent and attentive throughout the meal (thanks, Kevin!). We started with the queso fundido, which was a dish of cheesy goodness with chorizo mixed in, served with warm corn tortillas. For our entrees we had Rosa's enchiladas, fried green tomato tacos, and shrimp tacos. Everything was fresh and delicious. The enchiladas were rich and loaded with cheese, and were very filling. But the tacos were the highlight, in particular the shrimp tacos which were amazing. Everything was also very reasonably priced. Nothing but good things to say about El Corazon. You should check it out.

Joseph U, Owner at El Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for coming in and giving us a try. We strive to provide great authentic food and great customer service. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food, great owner. The chiles are flown in from Arizona. Limited but very good margarita selection and great mezcal options. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Dave T
Joseph U, Owner at El Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Thank you for coming in, we're glad you enjoyed it. We strive to be as authentic as possible, that's why we have some of the ingredients flown in from Arizona, New Mexico and California. Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal, all simple and original Mexican food. Portions are healthy and prices extremely reasonable. The cherry on the cake both times we went recently was the owner coming around to meet you personally, telling family stories, and making the experience so much more personal and warm. We loved it!

Joseph U, Owner at El Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Thank you so much for coming in. I'm glad you enjoyed your food. We try to keep it as authentic as possible. Also, thank you for listening to my stories. I know I sometimes get carried away, at least that's what my wife says. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Really good authentic Mexican, hits the right spot. Good comfort food. All 4 of us loved our meals. Burritos, tacos, fajitas it was all really good. They also have all kinds of tequila (except patron!! Idk why?) and really good drinks. I recommend the mango margarita! Definitely try this place.

Joseph U, Owner at El Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for coming in Dan, We're glad you enjoyed it. I know I don't carry Patron tequila, but I do carry Don Julio, CasaAmigos and other higher end tequilas. One you won't find here is Jose Cuervo. As a matter of fact, a lady once asked me what we use for our house tequila and I told her we use Sauza Blue. She was surprised we use a higher quality tequila than most. I may just have to order one bottle of Patron resposado and another of anejo. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

After living in Southern California for 13 years, I 've been looking for good, authentic Mexican fare in Maine. I tried an asada burrito and a shrimp taco, both were very good. I love both shrimp and fish tacos and the taco was very good, the only flaw was the dressing had a little too much mayo and not enough seasoning. Definitely worth a visit.

Joseph U, Owner at El Corazon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Thank you for coming in and for your review. Usually our chipotle aoli is well balanced. I will continue to make sure my kitchen prepares it the way I showed them. Thank you again and hope to see you again soon. P.S. my wife Is from Southern California (East LA to be exact) and my head chef is from San Diego. As for me, I'm from a border town south of Yuma, Arizona. Not too far from San Diego. Just thought I'd share this with you. Thank you again.