1,288 results
All reviewsrooftop barheavenly bedspg membertop floorfloor loungeold portvalet parkingbeautiful hotelarts districtshuttle servicefree shuttleroom keycorner roomcongress streetguest roomsnice stayvalet staff
Reviewed 6 May 2015

My mom and I spent 2 nights at the Westin in Portland, Maine. We had a room on the 14th floor which offered a harbor view. Our room was comfortable and quiet. Valet was $24/night which was convenient for us. They also offered a free shuttle into town with pickup and drop off service. The staff including the front desk, valet and housekeeping were all very friendly and helpful. There are also plenty of restaurants within a 5 minute walking distance from the hotel. We tried the Thai restaurant called "Pom" on Congress St. which was very good. There's a Starbucks just a few minutes walk from the hotel. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Kelly V
Bruce W, General Manager at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2015

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Portland Harborview and that our associates went out of their way to make your visit exceptional. Please visit us again!

Warm Regards,
Bruce Wennerstrom, General Manager

Reviewed 27 April 2015

Spent a night here travelling with a friend. This is a very average hotel for the money (paid around $200/night). Room was very comfortable and had what you expect, but:

-one should not have to pay extra for internet in a hotel like this
-staff (check-in and check-out) acted like they were making me a favour to talk to me
-it is beyond me how a top-of-the-range hotel does not offer coffee in the morning in its lobby

I would not choose to go there again. this cannot be the best Portland has to offer.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank AV_Londoner
SusanBWestinPortland, Director of Sales at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2015

We are sorry to hear that your stay didn’t provide the kind of value you were looking for. We strive to provide complete relaxation and satisfaction for our guests and it appears we missed an opportunity in your situation. We value our guests' feedback and hope that, should you travels bring you back to Portland, you would consider joining us again to experience a true Westin Portland Harborview stay.

Susan Barry, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 25 April 2015 via mobile

We arrived on a Wednesday and checked into room 929 - down a long hallway and quiet. Harbor View? Not so much but the room was clean, with comfortable beds and the service was great. We wandered Portland with our 7 year grand son and had a great time although the weather was brisk. We used the shuttle after dinner both nights (Fore Street and J's Oyster House). Marcy's is a short walk away and provided wonderful service and breakfast/lunch. We did enjoy the view from the 15th floor bar/dining room. The gym is in the basement, small but adequate and the hotel offers workout wear for $5.00. You keep the socks. Very pleasant and I would stay stay again. BTW, original hotel name still stands on the top, Eastern.

Stayed: April 2015

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Westin Portland Harborview and were able to take advantage of our New Balance Gear Lending Program! I hope to welcome you back soon.

Susan Barry, Director of Sales & Marekting

Reviewed 24 April 2015

Stayed here Sept 5 and 6 '14. Older hotel with good character . Checkin was a bit slow--appeared not enough staff. Expected faster service as I am Gold Elite but SPG counter wasn't manned. Room was Ok but nothing gret---looked out on several old buildings in dire need of refurbishment! What really turnedus off was the very poor service in the restaurant at breakfast. We were seated and waited at least 15 minutes until the hostess came back and took our coffee and tea order. The coffee came 5 min. later but no tea. Finally a waiter came and took our orders and came back with the tea . Breakfast didn't come for another 15-20 minutes!!! To top it off hostess spilled my coffee when she came back to refill me!!! Then used a dirty wipe to clean table after using it on the seat and side of booth! Not Cool!! Service the second mornig wasn't much better.Hope this has been rectified by now as it is not consistent with the Westin way!!!

Room Tip: Eat out---a lot of great choices nearby
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

We were extremely disappointed to read that you experienced anything other than attentive service during your stay. Please accept our apologies and know that your comments have been shared with our entire team to assist in improving the overall guest experience. We welcome the opportunity to make it up to you during your next visit to the Westin Portland Harborview.

Be Well, Susan Barry, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 23 April 2015 via mobile

From the moment I drove up....Max the valet was waiting... Connor the bellman was exceptional acquainting me with the amenities...restaurants and let me know the shuttle would take me to local shops or attractions.
Service is exceptional. Dana recommended the lobster sliders in the restaurant "Congress Squared" and they were outstanding!
I felt comfortable and right at home!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Irishshamrock2015
SusanBWestinPortland, Director of Sales at The Westin Portland Harborview, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2015

I am thrilled that our amazing team was able to make your stay exceptional and will be sure to pass your comments along. Please visit us again!

Susan Barry, Director of Sales & Marketing