US$219
The Danforth(Portland)
US$538
West End Inn(Portland)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsold portgreat locationfront deskhotel validatesfore stnumbered roomwhite noise machinevalet parkingroom was cleanself parkpull out couchfree breakfast isstreet sideenjoyable staywater pressurehigher floorsmall fridge
Reviewed 28 March 2018

I've stayed at several Hyatt Place hotels across the country and have rarely been disappointed. The hotels are all laid out pretty much the same and offer spacious, comfortable rooms (except for the one in Yonkers, New York). The staff at Old Port told me that some people don't like the rooms that face Fore St. because of the noise from the bars across the street. I stayed in one of these rooms on the 3rd floor and wasn't bothered at all by the noise. Frankly, there was more noise in the hallway, at times.Parking is in a public garage on the same block and the hotel validates your parking ticket. The price is a bit steep at $20/day but you can come and go as you please. There's a bar in the lobby area that serves awful beer that's brewed locally. Breakfast is served in the lobby area, as well, but the quality of the Hyatt's breakfast has steadily declined over the past few years. Read: cold & greasy. I've always found the breakfast was much better in west coast hotels. Staff is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Cyrussilversox
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and I want to thank you for providing us with this feedback as we are always looking to improve location and services! The bars across from our location definitely vary from person to person, and often times Portland gets a little more lively on the weekends-- though it doesn't bother everybody!

I am sorry to hear the breakfast and drink selection was less than satisfactory, I will be sure to share this remark with our Glass Lounge as they are always rotating through some local favorites. In addition to the Hyatt Place breakfast buffet, we are also glad to offer a few local options such as meats and cheeses, though they may be limited.

Thank you again for the feedback, and we hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Breakfast great, location spot on. Walls are a bit thin, but customer service is top notch. We used the valet parking which was helpful and friendly. Room was clean, hotel quite nice. Ideal for walking around and finding great restaurants without having to drive.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 0104smith

Thank you for your recent stay with us here in Portland,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel, especially in regards to our staff! They try very hard to make sure our guests feel at home, and I will be sure to share this with the team.

We hope to see you again in the future, and take care!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

My wife and I spent three days in the Old Port area. After about 15 trips to Maine, this is the first time we've spent time in Portland, other than a departure point for the Casco Bay Ferry. The Hyatt Place has a bit of everything, but location is superb with dozens of restaurants nearby. Wonderful breakfast buffet; nice after-hours bar and 24-hour snacks. We used their free shuttle service to the Downeaster Amtrak and the JetPort; and all we saw were smiling faces on the staff. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Room 205 is in the back of the hotel. QUIET
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us here in Portland!

Very glad to hear you enjoyed your time in our hotel and lovely city! Portland is wonderful, being in the heart of the downtown area is definitely convenient! I will be sure to pass along this comment to my team, and we look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Just stayed for two nights at this amazing hotel. Staff at the front desk goes above and beyond to make your stay special .... Special thanks for Derek and Kevan at the front desk who were so gracious and made us feel like we were coming back “home” each time we walked back into the hotel. Neat little bar off from main lobby with amazing handcrafted drinks. Mike, the bar manager is so friendly and makes yummy drinks. Walking distance to everything and the valet has in and out privileges. Highly recommended!!!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hyatt Place Portland Old Port!

Thank you so much for the kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to share this with Derek, Keven and Mike as I know they will appreciate it! Our staff try very hard to make every guest feel right at home, and I'm glad they were able to improve your stay!

We hope to see you again next time you find yourself in the Portland area!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Great veiw of the harbor with a large sotto g area rooms were clean and stylish I had the suite it's a little pricey but well worth every penny to just get the upgrade. I will absolutey stay here again

Room Tip: Suite with ocean veiw plus balcony
Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Mike H, Front Office Manager at Hyatt Place Portland - Old Port, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here in Portland! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially the lovely view from our suites. Looking forward to seeing you again next time!