“Very Good Donuts and a Wide Variety”
Review of Tony's Donut Shop

Tony's Donut Shop
Ranked #7 of 28 Bakeries in Portland
Reviewed 20 May 2017

We were killing time and found this place on Phantom Gourmet (a site on facebook for many local east coast restaurants that I highly suggest looking into). Iran nothing fancy on the inside, but they have some very yummy flavors of donuts (the maple glaze is awesome) along with muffins, turnovers, and pie like things.

There are newer reviews for Tony's Donut Shop

Reviewed 11 May 2017

These doughnuts are soooo good, and I loved the variety. I haven't had a strawberry filled doughnut since I was a kid!! I live in Rhode Island so I'm only a few hours away. On our next trip to Portland, we will definitely stop and take home a dozen or two!! Do it! You won't be sorry.

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Old school donut shop. Handmade donuts, lots of variety, fresh and wow, they taste great. I'm partial to the coffee cake and the molasses glazed donut. Don't forget to try the whoopie pies, I think they are the best in town.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

A sign in the window says "Life is uncertain, eat dessert first." So that's what I did.
The best apple fritter I've ever had!

Reviewed 21 April 2017

I should make it my job to try every homemade donut shop in the state of Maine and if it's on your list you should stop in. But I don't think I could work there, pretty sure they have a room just for powered sugar and that employee must wear a hazmat suit or they would die of sugar overload. Tony's love their powered sugar. Tasty donuts, don't wear black when eating them if you go with the powered sugar ones.