“Treat on a summer day in Maine”

Beals Old Fashioned Ice Cream
Ranked #6 of 22 Dessert in Portland
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: Beal's Old Fashioned Ice Cream offers super premium ice cream, frozen yogurt, sugar-free ice cream and sorbet that is hand-crafted into small batches in a wide variety of flavors. There are four locations in the Greater Portland area.
Reviewed 21 July 2016

We kept seeing people walk by with ice cream cones and were directed to Beals. I got just one scoop and wow I'm glad I didn't ask for two! That was a lot of ice cream! But it was really good.

There are newer reviews for Beals Old Fashioned Ice Cream

Reviewed 28 June 2016

This was the best ice cream I've had in a long time. I oredered the coconut chocolate almond and caramel vanilla favors in one scoop, which is huge. The coconut chocolate almond....like a frozen Almond Joy but better...was so good that I returned the next night for a whole scoop of same. It was expensive...something like $4.45 for one "scoop" but who cares. I'm still salivating. Nice young girls waited on me and were very personable. No bathroom though.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Stopped in a second time as a long line had formed earlier. Ice cream was good, smelled a little moldy inside (large water stains on floor and 3 fresh air systems on).

Reviewed 23 June 2016

We stopped in for a quick ice cream. Worth the line. Great flavors. I had coffee and my fore had vanilla. I believe it was homemade.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Really delicious creamy ice cream. So many flavors to choose from. Sample as much as you like! Huge portion. Friendly staff. Have cash on hand on use ATM inside.