“Tasty lunch spot”
Review of The Honey Paw

The Honey Paw
Ranked #41 of 640 Restaurants in Portland
Reviewed 31 July 2017

We were hoping to get into Eventide for lunch, but the 1.5 hour wait sent us over to its sister restaurant, The Honey Paw, and what a tasty consolation prize! We started with the lobster wonton as an app which was scrumptious! My husband had the spicy dan dan noodles and I had the hokkaido ramen and both were really yummy! The noodles are so fresh and the flavors are spot on!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

We went based on a review we saw ranking these the best wings in Maine...... Umm nope!. They are unique to say the least, but are certainly not the best wings in Maine. The restaurant caters to the hipsters for sure, and it had a nice vibe to be sure. Would I go again, yeah... Was it awesome enough to say oh my god....no. These are not the best wings in Maine people, so don't believe everything you read. Service was good, they do have a really neat sink in the bathroom as well!. I have a pic included of that also. We got fried bread too and that was good but a bit strange.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The setting of this restaurant is interesting - with one big table to share and then desk along the windows and in the bar. Creates a different atmosphere about hat you are sharing the dining room with other guests.

Noodles and dishes a great, created with care. Especially the different noodles that are handmade, with many variants, accompanied with a wide range of beers or wine if preferred. More of a fusion restaurant rather than Asian.

The size of the servings of both food and wine are small compared to what you are used to in US, which makes it quite pricy and less value for money compared to its neighbour restaurants.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

When I compare how authentic Empire Kitchen and Green Elephant is to Honey Paw, I won't bother sending people to the Paw. HP was good...but not great.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Perhaps I am the wrong demographic for this attractive, light-filled spot. The music was ear-splitting rap, the service kind of casually disengaged, and the price out of line for the product. There were several interesting daily specials on the board already sold out early in the evening. The dumpling soup I ordered had some nice ingredients but uninspired soup backing them up, and for $24 a surprisingly small portion. My husband's noodle dish was also just okay. I'd have thrown in another star (dot?) if not for the high prices.