“Fantastic Asian / Vegetarian & Vegan Spot!”
Review of The Green Elephant

The Green Elephant
Ranked #5 of 636 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Asian-inspired cuisine made with love.
Reviewed 26 May 2017

Walking in everything felt very fresh and clean - it almost looked to me as if they had just opened only in the last two weeks.

The space is a bit more intimate, there's not a ton of tables and that's perfect for taking either some good friends or a romantic date to.

The food is fantastic! Everything is focused on being vegetarian/vegan with some gluten free options. I absolutely loved my Thai Ginger Noodles!

Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

No need to pick through the menu to find something you can eat. Everything is vegetarian. A good many are vegan. This place gets crowded and can be tight and a bit noisy at times. My only complaint. Otherwise, anything on the menu is delicious and has an Asian flair.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We stopped here while traveling to Bar Harbor. The food is just wonderful. Lovely little place in the heart of Portland (I guess?). Parking was easy on a weekday in mid-May. Great vegan and vegetarian options with Thai flavors.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I eat at the Green Elephant frequently. The staff are great. The menu offers lots of vegetarian options, mostly of an Asian or Indian flavor. The restaurant can get quite busy at times (summers in general), weekends throughout the year. Arrive early or wait. I don't like everything on the menu, but I've tried almost everything. Tempeh never does it for me. I am a ovo-lacto vegetarian for 24 years but mostly I just like eating good food.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Was hesitant at first, but fell in love at first bite. Great food, great service, even better desserts!