“Family fun!!”

Big 20 Bowling Center
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Enjoying time in Maine with family and we are candlepin bowling! What a great time and a unique take on bowling. Straight pins, 3 balls with no holes, and no clearing pins between shots! The kids and the adults are having great fun! Bring the family!

Reviewed 8 June 2016

We love Candlepin bowling and do not have it down south where we live. We play anytime we are on vacation in area where it is available. We walked in without realizing that it was closing in 20 minutes. We told the guy we were from out of town and he let us play one game...which was enough to make us happy. He could have just turned us away.

Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

Enjoyed my time with my daughter here. Great place and very clean. The man at the counter tonight however could of been a little more nicer. We walked in at 845 and lights were off. I asked if they were still open and he replied with sarcasm saying yes. Then he gave us a poor attitude about the shoes not fitting my daughter right. He seemed annoyed but yet we were paying customers ! We went twice in a row tonight and last night. Last night the place was busy and there was a different man there HE was VERY NICE ! He should work more often .!

1  Thank mandi200
Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

We are a family who enjoys bowling (not frequent, but we do like it) and after almost a year in the area, made it to Big 20. It's candlepin bowling (smaller balls, three balls per frame, pins are thinner). Harder than ten pin, but so much fun! My three-year old really liked that he could handle the balls with no problem. My eight year old felt the same. The price was right, too. They didn't charge us per game, but per hour. We will definitely return. Great value!!

Reviewed 17 November 2014 via mobile

Have been several times with the entire family and also with my charges as a nanny. Always a terrific time...lots if laughter and best if all...wonderful exercise, without feeling like you are working out. My family goes often as we have a competition in play for the last 3 years. Of course, my sons want to keep going as me the mom, wife, grandmother, and sister is and has been the current leader! It is definitely a friendly family competition. Within the last year, Big 20 has completely redone their parking lot...it's large and readily accessible. Staff are helpful and friendly. ..Restrooms are clean. Prices are very reasonable. So great to have a candlepin bowling alley so close to home. ..they are few and far between these days.