All reviews granola bars packaged muffins hotel staff room was clean kitchen area would stay again full kitchen great place to stay gary kitchenette amenities portland mall housekeeping
Reviewed 6 October 2018

the hotel is located on main road near shopping mall & restaurants
rooms are large & comfortable
equiped with kitchen
the "continental breakfast" includes muffin & coffee
can't understand how the can afford themselves calling it a breakfast

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Yaacov, thank you for sharing the specifics of your stay with us. We're glad to know our location was ideal for you and that you were impressed with your well-appointed room. However, we're sorry for not meeting your expectations with our grab-and-go breakfast. We will share your feedback with our Brand Leaders, so they have the knowledge of our guests’ desires while implementing the future offerings. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

I only stayed here for a night. It was a last minute booking in the middle of the night. It was very convenient and a nice stay. Would definitely recommend for last minute stays as well as extended stays.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Thank you for the outstanding four-star rating of your stay at Extended Stay America. ​​ We are delighted we met your expectations for a perfect stay, and we hope you will come back each time your travels bring you to our beautiful city. Thanks again for recommending us to future guests. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Very clean and helpful friends help...Nice grab and go breakfast. Will recommend and the cheapest around the area as well... I will be back when I return with the family again as always at least twice a year

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

It was a pleasure to a have as our guest at Extended Stay America. We are delighted to read you enjoyed the breakfast we serve as well as found us to be a good value. Thanks for your kind words and recommendation. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Good value for the price. Staff is friendly and sweet. Beds are terrible. Room smelled like a wet dog. I had dogs on either side of me, maybe some considerations as to where animal rooms are. Otherwise a good value.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Thanks for evaluating your stay. We are glad to read you liked the value we offer and the service provided by ur staff. However, we are sorry you were disappointed with our bedding and that we regret the cleanliness issues. Your concerns have been immediately brought to the attention of our housekeeping for review and action. We do have a variety of room configurations which may be more suitable to your needs the next time you stay with us.  We appreciate your feedback as we continually strive to meet the needs of every guest. We hope to see you soon as our guest.

Reviewed 29 September 2018

We had many bites up and down our arms and legs. My wife awoke at 3am to a large bed bug running across her pillow in front of her face. I caught two bed bugs on her pillow and delivered them to the staff at the front desk. We were given a new room several rooms down the hall from our old one, into which I moved my wife and baby in the middle of the night. In the new room there was a large dog bone on the floor and pieces of dog food in the bed. It was very hard to sleep for several nights after because we had the feeling like something was crawling on us.

The staff was initially very kind and understanding and gave us quarters to wash our clothes, but we had all our belongings with us due to moving across the country, which we could not wash or dry. Contrary to my research and talking with professional exterminators, the general manager insisted bed bugs won't cling to luggage and travel with you and spread. I have now found a bed bug at my new home on something that was on the other side of that hotel room.

An inspector confirmed that there were bed bugs in that room. Even though I requested a hard copy of his inspection report from the GM, I have still not received it over a month later. I have sent pictures and emailed the ESA CEO and several others in upper management a week ago and have heard nothing.

Had I only read the TripAdvisor review from June 2018 of another case of bed bugs, I would have been able to avoid this mess.

On the plus side, the staff was generally friendly overall.

Room Tip: Don't bring belongings here with you if you don't want to bring bed bugs home.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Portland - Scarborough, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for being a guest in our hotel. We were extremely sorry to read about your experience. We follow the most rigorous industry standards when it comes to the cleanliness of our rooms. Our pest control provider has serviced the hotel, and we are working to ensure procedures are being followed to prevent future infestation. We are sorry and hope you will consider giving us another chance to make a better impression in the future.