“Generous portions of delicious ice cream ”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maine Ice Cream and Lobster Rolls
Ranked #6 of 9 Dessert in South Portland
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We stop here regularly. I haven't tried the lobster rolls but the ice cream is delicious. It's Gifford's (hard serve), which is made in Maine. You won't find hipstery/savory flavors of ice cream here like you might at Mt Desert Island Ice Cream in the old port (I like them too), but there's a wide selection nevertheless. I love the Peanut Butter Pie flavor.
Last time we went, the owner gave us a free ice cream for our dog. Very sweet!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great ice cream- and LOBSTER! The service was friendly and there was 2 benches out front to sit in the Maine breeze!

Reviewed 6 June 2017 via mobile

Wife wanted ice cream and I wanted one of their famous lobster rolls. TA says they are open and we make our way over there. We arrive at 7:15 PM on Monday evening. A sign on the door says they are open til 8 PM everyday. Well, the one time we drive across town for it, the place is dark and they are closed 45 mins early.
Not a very reputable place when it comes to advertising. But that's ok, we found great ice cream at Beal's! Go there if that's what you are looking for!

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

The ice cream was so good! If I could buy Gifford's ice cream in Wisconsin, I absolutely would! The owner was extremely friendly. Super cute part of south Portland. Would recommend over and over again!

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Love the variety of flavors. Fly fishing fudge and smores are delicious! Their hot fudge sundaes are definitely the best in town! Our new go to ice cream spot:)