“Seen better days”

Knights Inn South Portland
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a flight cancellation and got into Portland too late to make our drive to our scheduled accommodations; this was available. It was really bad. Bed was terrible; bathroom rough with mildew on shower curtain. This is NOT worth the low price we paid.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bkwrm

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Showed up and was told they overbooked. They did not have the king bed/non-smoking room I had reserved. They gave us a room with 2 double beds instead. I was immediately hit with an overpowering cleanser/perfume/floral smell in the guest room. It was evident that a previous guest had smoked in this non-smoking room and management decided to just overpower the space with scent to cover it up. As I sit nowhere near the room the next morning I can still smell the offensive odor on my clothes and luggage. When I complained, the management told me if I didn't like the room I should leave. Don't stay here unless you want to overpay for a sleepless night.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank brianommassage
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recommend you stay at the hotels at the airport rather than this place. Although to manager was polite enough, the place is rundown and not worth the price. Limited amenities and some didn't work. Towel bars fell off the wall when I lifted the towel off of it.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the airport hotels!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DaisyS01
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Everything was booked. Pretty clean. Priced high for what it was. Hairdryer had lint buildup on it and caught on fire which we quickly unplugged and put out. Bed was very lumpy and flat pillows. Continental breakfast consists of Dukin doughnuts and old coffee. That's it. Not returning there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Lovely hanging baskets in front of rooms. Located near exit from interstate. Well taken care of property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Portland Airport
#1 of 13 in South Portland
3.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport

Been to Knights Inn South Portland? Share your experiences!