“nice break”

Knights Inn South Portland
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in South Portland
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The room was large, clean & updated. The front desk woman was very helpful with suggestions for good food. It was quiet & had a good nights sleep. Only thing I didn't like was that the toilet paper was on the wall BEHIND your back. No everyone is so flexable. Would got back again. Your felt you got more than your moneys worth

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank inga j

Reviewed 25 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Knights Inn
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a flight cancellation and got into Portland too late to make our drive to our scheduled accommodations; this was available. It was really bad. Bed was terrible; bathroom rough with mildew on shower curtain. This is NOT worth the low price we paid.

Room Tip: I doubt there is a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bkwrm
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Showed up and was told they overbooked. They did not have the king bed/non-smoking room I had reserved. They gave us a room with 2 double beds instead. I was immediately hit with an overpowering cleanser/perfume/floral smell in the guest room. It was evident that a previous guest had smoked in this non-smoking room and management decided to just overpower the space with scent to cover it up. As I sit nowhere near the room the next morning I can still smell the offensive odor on my clothes and luggage. When I complained, the management told me if I didn't like the room I should leave. Don't stay here unless you want to overpay for a sleepless night.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank brianommassage
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I recommend you stay at the hotels at the airport rather than this place. Although to manager was polite enough, the place is rundown and not worth the price. Limited amenities and some didn't work. Towel bars fell off the wall when I lifted the towel off of it.

Room Tip: Stay at one of the airport hotels!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family