“Attentive service Coupled with Quality Food”

Fire and Water Fish & Chophouse
Ranked #31 of 152 Restaurants in South Portland
Price range: US$12 - US$34
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: When considering South Portland Restaurants, the best choice is Fire and Water Fish & Chophouse. Located inside the hotel, the restaurant is a convenient and casual way to enjoy modern American fare any time, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Our server, Dominique L, set the tone for our dining experience. She is an excellent listener and customized our dinner to exactly meet and exceed our expectations. Her recommendations were "spot on". She said that the salmon filet was particularly good and she was right. I generally don't use the sauce that comes with the meal so I ask for it on the side. However, this sauce was so good that I added almost all of it to my salmon. The crab cakes equally delicious. And having dried blueberries in my salad was a special treat,

1  Thank Eugene F

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Excellent!!!! Worth it! Try it!!!! Fresh food and pleasant environment. The people are wonderful! Much success!

Reviewed 17 August 2015

Wife and I had a coupon so we gave it a try. took long time to get seated . the food was better than average but portions were small . the waiter was very good cant rember his name but were their on aug 16 . some one should let the cook know you dont serve mussels that dont open.

Reviewed 11 June 2015

For five years I have dreaded going out to eat when traveling for fear of being "Glutenized". Executive chef Chris came out from the kitchen and asked me what I was hankering for. With a laugh I said "A rueben." He said, "We can do that!" He checked all his labelings and returned to our table to check with me on an ingredient which many celiac sufferers also have a problem with.Then off he went. Soon a sandwich platter, with mounds of warm, thinly sliced lean corned beef and just the right amount of cheese on ample sliced gluten free bread arrived. Being able to eat safely on the road is so hard for many of us and the attention to detail was so appreciated, not to mention the sandwich was mouth watering yummy! Can't wait to return and try out your breakfast buffet that has an entire Gluten Free section. Thank you Marriot and Fire and Water.

Reviewed 29 May 2015

It was a good restaurant in the hotel, but our meal wasn't exceptional. I had a steak for dinner. It was cooked very good, but it was a little small in size and the options for sides were nothing special. A simple side of a baked potato or even french fries would have been fine. Three onion rings, no matter how fancy, didn't live up to the high price tag. A good meal and good atmosphere, but it didn't live up to its price tag. I expected more.

1  Thank efwood9