All reviews room was clean front desk wifi works great standard free breakfast living area and the bedroom nice large room shelf space old orchard beach fair value yogurt catch an early flight ten minute drive the ground floor maine coast water pressure good nights sleep pleasant stay
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Was surprised with some of the ratings and almost didn't stay here. It was 11 pm when wearrived, and it was so quiet. We loved that. Happy we made the choice. Very comfortable older hotel w/staff who aim to please. Bed and pillows: excellent. We were in a room on the annex of the bldg. and enjoyed walking right into our room from the outside. We didn't see any restaurants nearby except there would be a 7/11. Of course, we didn't ask. Maybe there was something, but we had an excellent lunch in Portland and sandwiches there. Took Uber to the port and very reasonable. We added an extra night here.

Room Tip: We always like to know if dogs have been in the room. Not sure about this one.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CDoris M, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear RetiredSecretary,

Thank you!

I must say, our front desk staff is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to our area - the best restaurants, shopping and sightseeing within a 3 mile radius!

I so appreciate you staying another night - glad we didn't disappoint!

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised with this stay. Room was spacious. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was more than I expected. Bathroom (more so the shower) was a little gross but I've stayed in more expensive hotels that boast a 4 star rating that are put to shame by this motel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Dear Human13579,

Thank you for reviewing the Quality Inn and Suites!

We aim to please our guests and we succeeded!

Come again!

Reviewed 1 October 2017

I arrived in Portland early so I called to see if I could check in early and they were able to accommodate that. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
CDoris M, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear Karalidus,

We try our best and clearly it shows!

So happy you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn and Suites in South Portland.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Beautiful/Perfect time to be in Maine. The hotel is very decent, modern, and clean. Can't wait to explorer the sites, a must see. Our view isn't the best of views, but again a hotel to me is a place to sleep.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CDoris M, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

Dear Christina M,

Thank you! And you sure are lucky with the weather!

Thank you for posting on our Facebook page as well - true and pure photos of our lovely rooms.

I hope your travels continue to shine!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

This is a half motel / half hotel. I stay at many hotels. This is probably the worst water pressure in any hotel shower. The misting didn't reach my lower body. The second morning, I turned on the tub, and splashed the water to my face and undercarriage instead of using the shower. It was more effective. Anyway, the woman at the front desk was very nice and the bed was comfortable. I didn't get good showers, but it's decent if you can't afford another place. My only other complaint is that the air freshener they used was too strong. It was quite clean, and I was reassured when I saw that the matress had a bug blocking zip up mattress cover bag to protect it.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear carwash182,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I apologize for the water pressure and have forwarded your issue with maintenance.

We do strive for excellent cleanliness and like the fact you appreciated that!