“Local iconic Dairy”
Review of Red's Dairy Freeze

Red's Dairy Freeze
Ranked #4 of 9 Dessert in South Portland
Reviewed 6 July 2017

This is not restaurant, rather it is a place that serves ice cream. It is a popular local ice cream store and reasonably priced. To see how good the ice cream is, I had to try the vanilla ice cream on a cone and I have to say it was a real treat. I liked the texture which is not too thick or to soft and it does not melt as quickly as some other ice cream which is a good thing.

If you happen to be in the area or visiting the Portland Head Lighthouse or the Bug Light, Red's is a really short drive.

There are newer reviews for Red's Dairy Freeze

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Long established ice cream hut in South Portland; Great place to get a soft serve once in while. Parking on site; best to have dinner at a near by restaurant and here for after course!

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This is a big summer hang out for many people. The primary reason is it is cheap, but I would not consider this ice cream, but more like ice chemicals.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

I went here on a Thursday night in April, before heading across the street to pick up a pizza from Otto's. Yes, dessert first.

My friend got a soft served maple walnut and loved it.

I got a TIGER'S BLOOD slush! Tiger's Blood is typically a snow cone flavor that I have NEVER seen offered as a slush. It is a strawberry coconut flavor that I love. Red's has a lot of unique slush flavors that I haven't seen anywhere else, so if you love slushies, definitely visit Red's! Now I am going to try to have to avoid it for the summer so I am not there every night!

Reviewed 1 January 2017

Red's is a classic in South Portland. They offer many soft serve flavors and menu items. If you visit during strawberry season they use local fresh strawberries for their soft serve strawberry ice cream! Amazing!