Lindenwood Inn(Southwest Harbor)
US$249
The Claremont Hotel(Southwest Harbor)
US$145
  • Breakfast included
Kimball Terrace Inn(Northeast Harbor)
US$157
Asticou Inn(Northeast Harbor)
US$281
Quality Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
US$218
QualityInn
US$312
US$278
  • Breakfast included
Wonder View Inn(Bar Harbor)
The Harbour Cottage Inn(Southwest Harbor)
TripAdvisor
Pier One Vacation Rentals(Southwest Harbor)
TripAdvisor
Cafe Drydock & Inn(Southwest Harbor)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmain buildingbit datedcontinental breakfast was greatquiet sidethe wi fibar harborlocation is greatnice balconysmall townacadia parkshort walk into townclassic mainelarge roomyogurtfour nightsbed was comfortablefirst floor
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We liked the location of Harbor View - just like the name says, a view of the harbor. Much of the time the tide was out, so the view was more mud than harbor - but that's when you can watch the herons and other birds, so not really an issue. When it warms up you can open the patio door and sit on your deck. Easy walk to restaurants downtown. Try for an upper floor in the main building - first floor was noisy: people moving around upstairs, people moving around and talking in the adjoining building, water running in other rooms - we felt guilty showering at 6:30 because we knew how much noise we were making for other rooms. But the price is great for the location, the folks in the office are friendly and helpful, and the location is great if you can live being away from the crowds in Bar Harbor. Bring shampoo. Stay again? If I could get a second floor room.

Room Tip: Go for second or third floor in the main building to avoid people walking on your ceiling.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The hotel for the price was very good! The room was nice and the beds were very comfortable!! We had a family reunion..many rooms and a few cabins... the staff was outstanding!! The continental breakfast was great!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Sedge S, Manager at Harbor View Motel And Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Harbor View Motel and Cottages. It's nice to hear we were able to help with your family reunion. Our large campus, along with the variety of units, allow for large gatherings such as yours. I'm glad we were able to meet your needs. I do have one questions...if everything was above average in your description, why did you give an average rating? Thanks again for your review, and I hope you will come back and visit again soon.

Sedge Saunders

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was our fourth stay at The Harbor View. It was another fantastic tay the woman who checked us in was very pleasant and accommodating. . It is a short walk to downtown and the quaint shops.
The room was clean and cozy we were very comfortable. We took a nice walk down to the harbor just a few yards from our room. The breakfast was a perfect pickme up for the morning hike.You can be sure you will see us again next summer. Thank You Fred

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sedge S, Manager at Harbor View Motel And Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Harbor View Motel and Cottages. It was nice to hear that you've been back a few times and we haven't disappointed you. You did a fantastic job describing some of the reasons why people come back each year, especially the ideal location for walking to town and enjoying all Southwest Harbor has to offer. You obviously have a good feel for the place and I'd love to hear some things you think we could improve on...we want to make sure we're staying up to date with the needs of our customers. Thanks for choosing the Harbor View Motel and we hope you come visit us again.

Sedge

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My wife and I just finished our second stay at the Harbor View Motel and Cottages. Each stay was a perfect experience. Booking in advance was hassle free. At check in, the lady at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. The room (102) was clean, clean, clean! The view was outstanding. The bed and furnishings were comfortable. The Red Sox could be found easily on the television. The location was quiet and tranquil. The view from the room and the porch was exceptional.The bathroom was spotless with great water pressure from the shower. When we checked out the following morning, we were once again greeted by two very pleasant ladies. We had a couple of cups of good hot coffee and delicious blueberry muffins.

I can't believe one can find a better deal in the region. A remarkable location, at a very affordable price! Even if there is a better deal in the Bar Harbor area, my wife and I won't go looking for it. We will be very happy staying for a third time at the Harbor View Motel and Cottages.

Room Tip: We have stayed on the first and second floors of the main building and both have wonderful views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Harbor View Motel. I was pleased to hear that your second trip to visit us was just as pleasant as the first. Your review did a nice job of emphasizing why so many people come back year after year. We take great pride in providing a clean environment, and I'm glad your room did not disappoint. We are continually striving to improve our guests' experience, so if there's anything we can improve on, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you.

Sedge

Reviewed 28 August 2017

I cannot review the main building, but I was in Room #5 for 4 days. Paid up full, so I wasn't able to escape the horror! Upon arrival, I tiredly sat down on the room's wooden chair with armrests, only to find my arms sticking to the wooden armrests. I quickly washed and took my travel disinfectant to wipe clean . The paper towel was "black" I took the paper towel to the main office and told them I had no problem with the dated furniture,but my room should be clean!! There was no apology, just stares. She then asked me what part of the chair was dirty. I asked her to clean the WHOLE room because many items (furniture) was sticky and filthy. Afterwards, housekeeping did a so-so job after my request. Next Thing That Happened! Next to last day, housekeeping picks up my white terry cloth robe along with the room's towels. Did not notice until next morning. I was able to retreat it, but when I got home I noticed that I didn't have my personal Ralph Lauren towel in my bag either! (A light pink bath towel) Apparently that is back in the motel along with their inventory. This was the worst experience with a motel ever!!! . Will never ever come here again. There is just no excuse for a dirty room nor nasty looks from housekeeping!

Room Tip: Wifi was spotty and difficult to get
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Sedge S, Manager at Harbor View Motel And Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Harbor View Motel and Cottages. I was disheartened to see your complaints about cleanliness, to say the least. The Harbor View takes great pride in providing a clean environment, and I believe we do a consistent job in upholding this standard. I'm sorry the room wasn't satisfactory in this regard, and there certainly is no excuse.

After talking to housekeeping, I was informed that you were offered another room, but you said you were fine with the one you had. Also, if it was just a "so-so" job after the second cleaning, why didn't you take it up with management. I would have been more than happy to check the room myself and compensate you appropriately, but you never brought it up again. In regards to the incident with your robe, it was returned to you and was an honest mistake. As far as the Ralph Lauren towel, we have checked throughout the motel and it is not there.

I don't have a problem with a negative review, but if you don't notify management and don't take the offer of another room, your comments lose credibility and you come across as a person with an axe to grind. Next time, if you really want the problem solved, I suggest you talk to the appropriate personnel before you rake a business over the coals. Thank you.

Sedge Saunders